This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Grocery shopping can seem like a chore to many college students. Stores with the most convenient locations on campus are always crowded and have long lines that seem to take forever. If you don’t have a car, trying to get to other stores can be difficult without taking an Uber. But just a short walk (or bus ride) off of the UW-Madison campus, there’s one store that could change how you feel about grocery shopping. Walking into Trader Joe’s is an experience like no other. At first, all the options at Trader Joe’s can seem a little overwhelming. Use this list to help navigate one of the most famous sections of the store — the frozen food aisle. Here are my top eight go-to frozen foods, including dessert, breakfast, dinner and everything in between:

1. Gorgonzola Gnocchi

There are a variety of frozen gnocchi meals available at Trader Joe’s, but this the best one by far. Even if you aren’t a fan of gorgonzola cheese, it’s worth a try. Plus, it’s easy to cook: just throw it on the stovetop with some olive oil and wait for about seven minutes. It’s the perfect meal for the on-the-go student, and with a dash of pepper, it tastes just like a restaurant meal.

2. Mandarin Orange Chicken 

This orange chicken is so good it may rival your favorite takeout restaurant — and at half the cost. The chicken is tender and juicy, and when paired with the sauce that comes with it, every bite is a good bite. Bonus tip: pair this with Trader Joe’s Instant Jasmine White Rice, which cooks in the microwave in just three minutes!

3. Chocolate Croissants

Be warned, these croissants need to be left out of the freezer for nine hours (!!!) before baking. During this time, they double in size. Once out of the oven, these croissants will give your local bakery a run for their money. They’re flakey and warm, with the perfect amount of chocolate. Who needs to go to Paris when you can buy four of these for under five dollars?

4. Silver Dollar Pancakes

Silver dollar pancakes are the exact size as they’re shown on the box, which is the best possible size a pancake could be. They can be made in under two minutes, which is perfect for a hungry student who has limited time but still wants to feel like they’re getting a good breakfast. Plus, you can arrange them in a smiley face for an extra-positive day.

5. Cookie Butter Ice Cream

Cookie butter is arguably one of the best products made by Trader Joe’s. Pair the delicious spread with ice cream and something really magical happens! This ice cream is a heavenly mixture of vanilla, gingerbread and biscuits. One quart of ice cream is enough to share — but that doesn’t mean you have to, of course.

6. Mini Mango Mochi

Mochi is a guilt-free dessert that can be indulged in every night, thanks to the low amount of calories in each mochi! The mango sorbet in the middle of the outer mochi is full of flavor and tastes like a summer day. There are many flavors of mochi at Trader Joe’s, but the mini size of the mango makes them even more fun and easy to eat.

7. Chili Lime Chicken Burgers

This chicken burger tastes like it’s been marinated for hours, but in reality, all you have to do to make this burger is take it out of the freezer and put it on the stovetop. The chili and lime flavors come through strongly, and with some guacamole on top, this burger could be sold at a restaurant.

8. Organic Açaí Purée Packets

Everyone loves a good açaí bowl, and making your own at home saves a lot of money; plus you can get creative with what goes on top. All that’s needed to create the perfect bowl, after blending the purée, is some delicious add-ons. Coconut shavings, goji berries, blackberries, granola and a drizzle of honey topped on the açaí make a tasty summertime meal.

The next time you’re feeling bored with your average grocery store meals, think about heading to Trader Joe’s and trying out some of these frozen foods. The options are endless and delicious!

Madison Waechter

Wisconsin '21

Madison Waechter is a sophomore in the School of Journalism at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She is also a swimmer on the UW swim and dive team.