This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

So your best friend from home is coming to Madison for the weekend to visit you. Great, fun, awesome!… except for the fact that this visit needs to impress them. Their trip needs to show them why you chose the best school in the world and why Madtown is the best college town. Here are the top places to take your best home friends in Madison that are sure to sweep them off their feet.

The Terrace

Although this seems awfully basic, things are basic for a reason. It’s gorgeous, the sunsets are like no other and the energy on the terrace cannot be matched anywhere else.

Colectivo Coffee

A State Street (and Wisconsin) staple, Colectivo has some of the best smoothies, pastries and coffee in Madison. Not to mention the great atmosphere and friendly staff, Colectivo is always a good idea.

A Badger Game

Finally, a football game. No matter the time of year, being a Badger is always a fun time. What better way to show them how we do it in Madison than by taking them to a Badger game of the season? Football, basketball, hockey and more, any sporting event where the Badgers are playing is sure to be filled with school spirit and pride unlike any other school.

The State Street Food Trucks

Can’t all come to an agreement about what to eat? The food trucks on State Street are here to solve that issue. It’s no lie that the city of Madison has some of the best food around. With a truck for everyone, the food trucks on State Street allow for everyone to have what they want. The legendary spring rolls to empanadas to a variety of sandwich options, the food trucks on State Street are a unique yet important characteristic of Madison.

The Farmers’ Market

Finally, the Dane County Farmers’ Market. There’s no better way to spend a Saturday morning than surrounded by fresh food, a great community of people and the gorgeous State Capitol building. The atmosphere of the Dane County Farmers’ Market is unlike any other city’s farmers’ market. It truly highlights everything that the Madison community offers.

With all of the great things that the city has to offer, Madison always impresses friends from your hometown with endless food, great views and, of course, a great community.

Annabella is a freshman at UW-Madison from Phoenix, Arizona. She is planning on applying to the journalism school to study strategic communications. In her free time, Annabella enjoys going for long walks, exploring different parts of the city and discovering new music.
I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.