Top 10 Most Attractive Big Ten Football Players

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

‘Tis the season of jersey chasing! While some of you might not be too into macho athletes with their overinflated egos, it’d be hard to admit that some football players are just naturally gorgeous people. After a fair amount of roster creeping, I’ve selected my Top 10 of the Big Ten (which happen to be mostly quarterbacks and running backs – WOOPS!). Try not to drool at some of my lovely selections.

1. Nebraska Running Back Rex Burkhead #22

If no one has dubbed this gem “Sexy Rexy”, I will. This 5’11”, 210 pound senior might be having some knee issues currently, but he sure as hell has his looks working on his side. To add to his perfection, THE BOY IS FROM TEXAS. I bet you money he has an accent. ¿Cómo se dice winner

1. Minnesota Quarterback Philip Nelson #9

Dear freshman, YOU’RE DOING IT RIGHT. This true freshman is the Gophers’ starting quarterback and has potential coming out of his ears. After this fall, this beaut has 3 more seasons to make himself Minnesota’s lifesaver (because we all know they need one). And, well, if he doesn’t get that far, he could probably just become a model…or my husband…either or.

1. Purdue Running Back Akeem Shavers #24

If that smile doesn’t make you want to smile, I don’t know what will. While his team might be struggling to actually win games (I mean they haven’t won a conference game yet – awkward), this Texas native is winning in my heart. Just wondering, what the hell is in the water down there in Texas?

1. Michigan State Quarterback Andrew Maxwell #10

While I severely despise most things that have to do with Michigan State, there is one thing I don’t: ANDREW MAXWELL. You, sir, are gorgeous. This lanky junior is not out of our league, ladies! We still have a whole year of jersey chasing left to do.

1. Wisconsin Quarterback Joel Stave #2

WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT FLOW! Those luscious locks are hard not to love. While this might be some serious bias, this Badger was blessed with magnificence. While he might not be out on the field due to a broken collarbone, we still have potentially 3 more years to stare at this gorgeous redshirt freshman.

1. Nebraska Quarterback Taylor Martinez #3

So like are his parents models or…? My usually cluttered mind is at a loss for words for this one. More simply put, I’d be his receiver any day. The end.

1. Illinois Tight End Eddie Viliunas #83

While he might not be a key player for the Illinois team (or sometimes even leave the sidelines), he still sure as hell gets style points. This 6’4” senior just looks like he’d be a good cuddle-buddy. Hello, giant teddy bear.

1. Northwestern Quarterback Kain Colter #2

Hello long-lost twin of Chris Brown? Let’s just take a moment and imagine him singing “With You” – OH MY GOODNESS. This six foot junior has led the Wildcats to their 7-2 record and, after further evaluation, leads the team in attractiveness…just saying. Hey Kain, call me at 608-YOUREHO…T.

9. Wisconsin Running Back Montee Ball #28

The 5’11” senior is our pride and joy here in Madison, which is probably pretty obvious by the giant photo that stretches across the length of one of the Madison Metro Buses. He’s grabbed all sorts of records in touchdowns and was even a Heisman finalist last year. Aside from such accomplishments, I’m just going to point out that he’s pretty beautiful too. If that’s not the total package, I DON’T KNOW WHAT IS.

1. Ohio State Punter Ben Buchanan #17

Can you say, pretty boy? He looks like he’s straight out of a movie or something. Nonetheless, this senior is mighty attractive. While I wish he wasn’t a part of the dreadful Buckeyes, his sexy spiked hair and innocent smile make him a Buckeye I could learn to appreciate. Call me, maybe?

I'm a sophomore at the oh-so-lovely University of Wisconsin-Madison, which obviously means I'm a die-hard Badger fan. I will be studying Strategic Communications through the UW Journalism School and hope to work for an advertising agency in a few short years. I live and breathe Chicago sports - Bulls above everything - and have an insane obsession with animals. My favorite song in the whole wide world is without a doubt "Even If It Breaks Your Heart" by Eli Young Band. "Some dreams keep on gettin' better, gotta keep believin' if you wanna know for sure."