Thoughts You’ve Had If You Have a Crush on a Foreign Exchange Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

For some, the first day of class is filled with new opportunities: new professors, new friends, and new guys to check out. And what if on that first of class, you scope out a foreign hottie? You can’t decide what you like more: his accent or his perfect hair. Suddenly, you find yourself madly in lust, and you barely even know him.  By the middle of the semester it’s turned into a full-blown massive crush. You’ve got it bad for this foreign-exchange cutie. 

You may be thinking…

Did I just hear an accent? Oh, wow. Okay, I think I’m in love. Wow, I really like your voice. Can you say that again?

Group project? This is my chance!
Time to Facebook-stalk. OMG. He just friend-requested me. Act cool. Act cool. Did he just LOVE one of my posts???Funny, because I love you… He just called something I said “cute.” What does this mean?? Please don’t go back. We can get married and you can stay in the US?Or, better yet: take me with you!I’m willing to learn a foreign language for you. It can be just like Love Actually

Well, speaking of Love Actually, just so you know…

Crushes on foreign exchange students are a special kind of crush. They are fun and suck for the same reason: they are only temporary. It’s only a matter before he/she has to go back, so you know it likely wouldn’t work out. But it’s fun anyway, right? 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!