Things to Do Before You Leave for Summer (or in my case graduate)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As Badgers, we are super familiar with the concept of a “Bucky List”. Similar to a bucket list, it is comprised of activities to do before one leaves (or, in the unfortunate case, graduates from UW). This list is super customizable (curd crawl anyone?), so for those who are not obsessed with fried cheese (lets be real though, who isn’t?), items on the list can revolve around other notable campus attributes. While I am still in denial about the imminent approach of the month of May, I still have a list of things to accomplish before I leave Madison for the summer—or forever (wow, that was depressing).

1.      Meet Bucky and take a cute picture.

2.      Eat curds and drink Spotted Cow.

3.      Go for a walk on Picnic Point. Maybe bonfire there too!

4.      Chill at the terrace (if it ever re-opens!)

5.      Walk around Lake Monona.

6.      Darty (day party, duh. If you aren’t doing it, you aren’t doing college correctly).

7.      Eat at as many restaurants on State as possible.

8.      Sit on Abe (if graduating). If not just tap his toe.

9.      Pedal Tavern.

10.  Go to, or maybe participate in, Open Mic Night at Terrace.

11.  Walk to Babcock and get fresh ice cream.

12.  Eat as many ice cream flavors as possible.

13.  Farmers market.

14.  Get active on lake Mendota–paddleboard, canoe, kayak, sail and be-friend someone with a motorboat (wink, wink).

Whether you are leaving for two months or for two years, make sure you cross some of these activities off of your list so you can live life without any regrets.