This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

On April 26, 2019, Taylor Swift dropped her brand new song “Me!” featuring Panic! at the Disco’s lead singer, Brendan Urie, at 12 a.m EST. Her fans, coined Swifites, predicted for months that Swift was working on releasing a new album, and their suspicions were confirmed with “Me!”

If anyone was in hopes of a Taylor Swift country reboot, they will be saddened to hear “Me!” has the same pop vibe as Swift’s two previous albums “1989” and “Reputation.” However, unlike “Reputation,” based on Swift’s Instagram, the highly anticipated album will be much softer with happy, upbeat music. Granted, what man can she sing a heartbroken or anger-filled ballad about, especially since she has been dating English actor Joe Alwyn since 2017.

Fans are already analyzing what every scene in the music video means. In the beginning, Swift nods to her “Reputation” days as a snake slithers on screen. However, the snake suddenly explodes into dozens of butterflies, symbolizing her reputation days are over.

Throughout the whole video, a perfect Utopian world full of color and fun is everywhere. While not much has been shared about the album, some are speculating a Dixie Chicks and Taylor Swift collaboration is in the works based off of one scene in the music video where a wall of pictures of baby chicks is featured with a Dixie Chicks portrait in the middle. 

There is also talk about one of her next song’s names being “Lover” based off a neon sign that makes an appearance in the music video.

So, what does Swift have up her sleeve? Who knows, but what I do know is that “Me! is sure to be one of the top songs of the summer. 

I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!