This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Which T-Swift era do you want to be?

So you’ve gotten the coveted Taylor Swift concert tickets! You spent hours waiting to see if you were lucky enough to get a presale code, and when you finally got it, the whole Ticketmaster debacle began. You’ve basically climbed mountains to get your tickets, but now comes the hardest part: deciding what to wear for the best night of your life. Like Taylor, you need to decide the aesthetic you want. Swift has had nine albums (or eras), each taking on their own style depending on the time of her life she was in. From country sweetheart to pop icon, she has been it all. For the concert, you need to decide what era of Taylor Swift you want to be. 

Taylor Swift (2006)

Taylor’s debut album was about her innocence and youthfulness. Her style to accompany that era was tight curls, minimal makeup, cowboy boys and sundresses. It was all floral prints and frills for the young 17-year-old girl.

Fearless (2008)

Taylor became a household name in this era, ditching cowboy boots for heels and ballet flats. She wore sparkly sequin dresses, flouncy skirts and blazers.

Speak Now (2010)

Like Swift’s famous song “Enchanted,” this stage of her life had a romantic quality to it. It was all sparkles and sweetheart necklines. But of course, you could draw inspiration from the album cover and wear of flowy purple dress.

Red (2012)

Taylor’s style evolved into a more polished femininity with hints of a retro, vintage take. She wore high-waisted shorts, string of pearls, tea-length dresses and her classic red lipstick. The color red and her signature blunt bags always tied all of Swift’s looks together. 

1989 (2014)

This album was about Taylor having fun living in New York. She wore crop tops, beanies and matching sets with her iconic bob haircut.

reputation (2017)

Following the Kim Kardashian and Kanye West drama, Swift backed away from the public eye, but when she came back to drop this revenge album, her style reflected her new empowerment. Dark lipstick, combat boots, leather, black bodysuits and snake motifs defined the reputation era.

Lover (2019)

Jumping from reputation, her style took a major turn: the rainbow after the storm. Pastel purples, pinks and blues became her new color palette. It was all butterflies, rainbow fringe and sequins during this era.

folklore and evermore (2020)

Both of these albums were written during lockdown and have the same cottagecore aesthetic. Her woodsy outfits included flannels, sweaters, turtlenecks, flower crowns and braids. However, the biggest difference between the two albums was that folklore was a summer aesthetic whereas evermore was a winter one.

Midnights (2022)

She’s truly in her disco ball era now. Her wardrobe consists of faux fur, diamond jewelry and dazzling lingerie. 

No matter what era of Taylor Swift you want to be in for the concert, remember to just be yourself and wear what you feel comfortable in. Whether you want to embody “Our Song,” “Blank Space,” “Cruel Summer” or “Bejeweled,” just feel confident and be happy—that’s what Taylor would do.

Bella Demotto

Wisconsin '26

Bella is a freshman at the University of Wisconsin- Madison studying Data Science and Economics. She loves reading, cooking, and working out!