Supermarket Pickup Lines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Who needs a night out on the town when you’ve got a whole grocery store full of items to check-out? (*wink wink*)

Here’s a few fun lines to use while shopping through the store!

Entrance: 

“Need a cart? No? How about a girlfriend?”

The Produce Section

“Nice melons.”

“I need a date; do you know where I could find one?”

The Bakery

“Nice buns.”

Butcher Shop

“Excuse me, can you point me toward the protein aisle?” (I work out.)

Frozen Foods

Oh, would you look at that! It says this frozen pizza makes enough servings for two.

Junk Food Aisle

I guess the rumors are true; my milkshake really does bring all the boys to the yard.

Would you like some fries to go with that shake?

The Beverage Aisle

“Cause you’re not. You could totally be drinking whole if you wanted to.”

Check-Out

“Is this too much food for a single girl?”

“This line is really long; do you need me to check you out?”

Parking Lot

“I’d help you carry those bags to your car, but I threw out my back yesterday while building a homeless shelter for the less-fortunate children of Africa.”

As bold as some of these statements may be, they’re incredibly effective. I mean, I can’t make promises on a second date or anything, but I can definitely open the door of opportunities. It all begins with three words; one meaning, say it and he’s yours: “Digiorno: my place.”

Raven is a junior at UW-Madison majoring in Retailing and Consumer Behavior with certificates in Digital Studies and Entrepreneurship. She will be studying abroad at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia the Spring Semester of 2019.Until then, you can find her at any cafe within a two mile radius of UW-Madison watching The Office/ googling photos of Labrador Retriever puppies with a coffee in hand (unless it's monday night because that's reserved for the Bachelor).
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!