Summer TV Preview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

1.     Orange is the New Black

June 6 (Netflix)

I’ll admit it.  I binged on the entire first season of the Netflix original series of Orange is the New Black.  If you haven’t, and you’re looking for a way to procrastinate studying, you probably should.  The show documents the life of Piper and other inmates in a woman’s correctional facility featuring actresses such as Taylor Schilling and Laura Prepon.  If season two is anything like season one it is bound to be hilarious.  Catch the entire season two, along with new characters, this season on Netflix.  

2.     The Bachelorette

May 19 8:30 PM (ABC)

Finally, a Bachelorette I’m excited for.  I fell in love with Andi Dorfman when she entered the journey to find love with Juan Pablo last season on The Bachelor.  I loved her even more when she decided to leave Juan Pablo and called him out on his piggish behavior.  Now the 27-year-old Assistant District Attorney will be the new bachelorette.  I can’t wait to see who she chooses to date, and of course there’s bound to be drama!      

3.     Pretty Little Liars

June 10 7:00 pm (ABC Family)

Season 5 of the mystery series premieres this summer.  Pretty Little Liars might have been going on for a while, but that doesn’t mean I’m ready to give up yet.  The show is close to having run its course.  Ali may be back but that doesn’t mean we know who “A” is.  Call me crazy, but I’ll stick with Pretty Little Liars until the end.       

4.     True Blood (Final Season)

June 22 8:00 pm (HBO)

This June, the last season of True Blood will air.  The trailer itself is enough to give me the chills.  I’ve never really gotten into True Blood but it does have a lot of die-hard fans.  If you, like many others, have been bitten by the vampire craze you’ll have to see how the series ends.  See how the people of Bon Temps fair during season 7.

Guilty Pleasure

1.     Keeping up with the Kardashians

June 8 8:00pm (E!)

As much as I hate to say it, I love the Kardashians.  I can’t watch an episode without laughing hysterically.  Season 9 starts this summer, and with divorce, separation, marriage, it promises to be perhaps the funniest and craziest season yet.  If you’re looking for a good laugh, I have no problem admitting this is my guilty pleasure.  Plus, who doesn’t love Scott Disick?    

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com