Stores We Wish Were on State Street

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

State Street is a central part of UW-Madison’s campus and is constantly teeming with life and activity. It is already packed with a wide range of excellent options for dining and shopping, but then I got to thinking about some additions that could make it even better…

1. Forever 21

From formal dresses to workout wear, Forever 21 has everything a college girl could need at affordable prices.

2. Sephora

There are few worse feelings than when your favorite lip product or go-to foundation runs out. Your addiction causes you to wonder if it’s worth paying overnight shipping, but if it was on State Street you could just hop downtown and pick it up shipping charge-free.

3. Target

Even though there is already one at Hilldale, having a State Street location would save us from an Uber or bus ride. Target has everything you could ever need, from clothes to kitchen supplies and even a fairly large grocery section. With limited grocery options on campus, this could definitely be useful.

4. Topshop

One of my personal favorite stores, Topshop, has clothes that perfectly fit the college girl lifestyle. They have crop tops and skirts for a Friday night out, as well as T-shirts and the best skinny jeans to wear to class every day.

5. Victoria’s Secret

Because those free underwear coupons they send you in the mail expire waaay too quickly to have to scramble to bus to the mall.

6. The Container Store

I know I’m probably going to get weird looks for this one, but those who have actually been in The Container Store know how awesome it is. Having their containers sold at a close location would be a huge help for moving into cramped dorm rooms and apartments. Plus, they also sell a wide range of other adorable décor and home living necessities!

Despite the fact that unfortunately this probably won’t happen for logistic reasons, a girl can still dream! Having these stores on State Street would definitely be helpful in avoiding shipping fees (and the dreaded waiting that follows). However, I guess our GPA’s and wallets will be grateful for them not being there because that could get quite distracting and expensive.

Happy online shopping!

Born and raised in Wisconsin but a New York girl at heart. Kelsey is a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison majoring in Communication Arts and Theatre and Drama. She is a lover of fashion, iced coffee, and running. After school she plans to pursue a career in the fashion industry.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!