Stars come out for the MTV movie awards, fashion at Coachella and highly anticipated Catching Fire trailer released!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This Sunday was the MTV movie awards and the stars all turned up at the red carpet looking amazing! My favorite of the night has to be Kerry Washington in Michael Kors! That train with the gold was just meant for Olivia Pope.  Check out other noteworthy red carpet styles here. The big winners of the night were Emma Watson who scooped up the trailblazer award, the cast of pitch perfect for best soundtrack, and the cast of Avengers for movie of the year. Selena Gomez also gave a noteworthy performance with her new single ‘Come and get it’ and host Rebel Wilson made the audience crack up with a series of movie spoofs you can check out here!

So if you’ve been wondering why all your favorite stars have been pictured dressed like they stepped back in time, I’ve got the explanation, COACHELLA! It’s a music festival from April 12- 14th in Cali that is held annually and features artists of different genres. Remember hearing about the Tupac hologram? That was at Coachella. Tickets usually sell set out within hours and feature upcoming artists as well as big names such as Snoop, Kanye, and Rihanna. Check out some star sightings at the festival here!

And now, if you haven’t seen it plastered on Facebook, twitter or tumblr, I present to you the highly anticipated trailer for Catching Fire!!