jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Has Sprung With These Starbucks Drinks!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Now that the grass is getting greener, the sun is up a little longer, and the weather is getting warmer, it’s safe to say spring is finally here. Say goodbye to your favorite hot coffees and hot chocolate, because this spring, Starbucks will keep you hydrated with some of our favorite drinks. Need some inspiration for what to try? Her Campus has plenty of teas, coffees, and Frappuccinos to keep you happy, energized, and cool this spring. 

1.  Strawberry Acai Refresher with LemonadeThe Strawberry Acai Refresher is already delicious as it is, but if you want to add a fun, refreshing twist, ask your barista to add lemonade instead of water. Not only will it make your drink sweeter, but it’ll also sweeten the strawberry pieces within your drink as well, making for an all around sweeter experience in a drink!

2. The Pink DrinkAfter its recent release date of April 10th, 2017, Starbucks fans are raving about this drink. Its name is a little ambiguous with regards to what’s inside, but if you’re a fan of passionfruit, coconut milk, and strawberry acai, this drink is sure to settle your taste buds this spring!

3. Toasted Coconut Cold BrewAdding to the Cold Brew family, this new beverage is sure to become a new hit with avid coffee drinkers everywhere. With flavors of toasted coconut, honey, and a splash of coconut milk, this drink is sure to be the perfect morning pick-me-up for spring!

4. Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade

A year-round well-known favorite, this Teavana tea never fails to disappoint. The fruity combination makes it great for sipping in spring and summer and also spares some guilt from being low in calories. This drink is also perfect for non-coffee drinkers, or anyone looking for a new favorite tea this spring!

5.  Iced Coconut Milk MacchiatoWith its recent February release date, this beverage has stayed popular for its unique and chocolatey flavor. The combinations of white chocolate mocha, coconut, and caramel are sure to please your sweet tooth, but also provide you with the caffeine your body needs to get through the day!

6.  Iced Green Tea LatteIf you want a lighter and ‘greener’ option, the iced green tea latte is an ideal choice for you. With mixtures of creamy matcha and light sweetener, this drink can pick you up without putting your body down. Also, try substituting different milk types into this drink for your favorite outcomes this spring!

7. *Secret Menu* The Purple Drink

Being a part of the ‘secret’ Starbucks menu, this drink may not be as attainable as the others on this list, though definitely worth a shot. According to the secret Starbucks menu website, if you ask your barista for Passion Iced Tea, soymilk, vanilla syrup, and scoops of blackberries, you’re sure to achieve this delicious, and picture-worthy, drink this season!

If you love Starbucks drinks as much as Her Campus does, you should definitely try out all of these Spring favorites. Not only are the majority light in calories, but they’re also extremely refreshing options and bound to get you through the transition from spring to summer!

Cover Image Source

I am a freshman at UW-Madison seeking majors in Communication Arts and Strategic Communications!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!