This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The initials D.V.F should already have a great deal of meaning for any informed fashionista.  Just as a refresher, Diane von Furstenberg could easily be one of the most successful and inspirational female fashion designers, and has been since the 1970s.  She designed the iconic wrap dress, which helped to seal her fortune.  The idea behind the dress was one of female empowerment, as she wanted to create something beautiful and practical for the working woman.  Since then, Hollywood celebrities and political royalty have worn her designs, and she shows no signs of stopping anytime soon.  In the spirit of the launch of her new reality show on the E! Network, here are some cute and affordable wrap dresses you can get your hands on to join in on the D.V.F. frenzy. 

tobi.com That’s a Wrap Dress $32

Nordstrom.com Lush ‘Kendal’ Print Surplice Wrap Dress (Juniors) $46.00

express.com Printed Knit Wrap Dress $19.99

Never without wisdom to share, Diane von Furstenberg reminds us that the importance of being a woman, in the fashion industry and elsewhere, is to have confidence and faith within yourself. 

Michelle Motyl is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Madison double majoring in Biology and Journalism. Her role models include Meredith from Grey’s Anatomy and Giuliana Rancic of E! News. Michelle believes her big city hometown of Chicago is second-to-none, and can be heard sharing random thoughts on her Twitter @MeeshtheKeesh. In her spare time, she enjoys reading the newest YA romance novels while sipping on skinny vanilla lattes, believing that the best men you will meet in life are those you find in books, not bars.
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com