This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

From the radio hits to the hidden gems, Swifties want to hear them all

Swiftie season is in full swing with not only the new Midnights album but also the announcement of Taylor’s The Eras Tour. Taylor has never been one to disappoint and always overachieves in pleasing fans. With so much excitement surrounding the new tour, I wonder which songs Taylor will choose from her smash-hit albums. As a huge Swiftie, I’ve compiled a list of my top two favorite songs from each album that I’m dying to hear at The Eras Tour (assuming I’m lucky enough to snatch up one of the hot tickets).

Taylor Swift (2008)

1. “Should’ve Said No

This one is a Swiftie classic, and arguably one of the most memorable songs off Taylor’s very first album. Nobody can tell me this wouldn’t be A MOMENT to hear this song live and scream along to the lyrics. Her original country tone is present in the perfect amount in this 2000s hit.

1. “Tim McGraw”

Picture this: after a hyped-up introduction, Taylor shifts to soft lighting on the stage and sits down with a guitar. Everyone holds up their phone flashlights and sways them in the air as she starts singing “Tim McGraw.” This song has to be one of the most down-to-earth Swift songs ever.

Fearless (2008)

1. “Fifteen”

“Fifteen” was quite possibly my favorite song growing up. I listened to it, dreaming of entering high school and becoming a teenager. I found, too, that the song had so much truth to it. Hearing this song live would transport all Swifties back to that very first day of high school. 

1. “The Way I Loved You”

In this ultimate bad-romance love song, Taylor reminisces on the rush of a previous toxic relationship. Screaming this song in a stadium full of fans would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Whether you’re single, taken, or anywhere in between, we all understand the trials and tribulations of wanting something that’s not right for you.

Speak Now (2010)

1. “The Story of Us”

This might be my favorite T-Swift song of all time. I don’t know exactly what it is, but there’s something so personal about this song that Taylor taps into through her lyrics. From loving someone to becoming complete strangers, Taylor captures the essence of heartbreak.

1. “Back to December”

This is one of Taylor’s rare relationship songs where she writes about being in the wrong. There’s something so beautiful in admitting her mistakes, and it makes the song so real and perfect. Plus, major bonus points for it being about Taylor Lautner.

Red (2012)

1. “All Too Well” (10 min. version)

All the feels are wonderfully present in this heart-wrenching ballad in which Taylor relays the hardships of her relationship with Jake Gyllenhal. Despite its length, this song is a must on her track list. Most dedicated Swifties have listened to the words hundreds of times, and hearing it live would be a masterpiece.

1. “Red”

Come on, Taylor has to sing the song that shares the album’s name. “Red” is another one Taylor nailed in describing the feelings associated with a breakup. “Red” takes you through the different stages, as Taylor associates colors with all the feelings in the most amazing way.

1989 (2014)

1. “Wildest Dreams”

“Wildest Dreams” is a Swiftie classic. The climactic build-up of the chorus is so perfect and would be incredible to experience in a concert setting. This is a song that pretty much everyone would be able to sing along to and have a good time with at her show.

1. “Style”

As a huge Harry fan, “Style” is a must for Taylor’s tour. I love all the easter-eggs that hint that the song is about Harry. It’s also well-known from the radio. 

Reputation (2017)

1. “Delicate”

Honestly, the Reputation era was when Taylor started to lose me. While I enjoyed the slight pop-shift of 1989, Reputation was just so different from her roots and I missed her old sound. I pretty much only know the singles and radio hits from this album, but “Delicate” does have some nice elements. 

1. “… Ready For It?”

The intensity of this song is apparent and would be exciting at a concert. The build-up moments and changes in pitch and tone would make for an interesting performance. I think Swifties would be ecstatic hearing the first few chords of this on tour.

Lover (2019)

1. “Lover”

“Lover” has such a delicate aura around it. From the soft, airy vocals to the cascading melody, Taylor created a beautiful song to both sing and listen to. I think a performance of this song would be transcendent and have the audience in awe.

1. “The Man”

I love the message behind this song. Taylor perfectly captures the crimes of the patriarchy against women through her art. This song would be empowering to hear live and would definitely be a fun sing-along.

Folklore (2020)

1. “august”

I’ve never been a huge fan of Taylor’s Folklore era, but I can get behind “august.” It perfectly captures the final, fleeting moments of summer and the feeling of closing a chapter in your life. The melody feels so smooth and would be a perfect, sway-worthy performance.

1. “cardigan”

In “cardigan”, Taylor describes the feeling of someone making you feel brand new and wanted. The world can be cruel, and we all need someone to lift us up when we fall. Hearing “cardigan” live would be a grounding experience and help everyone appreciate those around them.

Evermore (2020)

1. “tolerate it”

“Tolerate it” is yet another one of Taylor’s heart-wrenching songs. She guides us through the familiar feeling of being undervalued in a relationship. This universal experience makes the song ten times better, as she puts into words the way we have all felt at one point or another.

1. “champagne problems”

“Champagne problems” dives into the all-too-real feeling of letting a good one go. In a relationship where everything seems to be right, sometimes they just slip through your fingers, and you have no idea where things changed. Taylor’s raw admittance to this type of loss is awe-inspiring. 

Midnights (2022)

1. “Maroon”

Taylor hit the bullseye with “Maroon”; the sensory descriptions and use of language create an incredible song. I love her use of shifting shades to portray different emotions. “Maroon” has to be my favorite on the new Midnights album.

1. “Lavender Haze”

The rhythm, the vibe, just everything about “Lavender Haze” is so fun and strays from Taylor’s typical sound. This light-hearted tune would be perfect for jumping around with your best friend at the concert, as it’s one of the more upbeat songs on the album.

Maddy Scharrer

Wisconsin '26

Maddy is a student at UW-Madison who loves to write. She plans to major in Journalism and Communications. In her free time, Maddy loves watching movies and hanging out with friends.