This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Spring is almost here! In a little less than a month, we will no long have to clunk around in huge winter boots that make your feet sweaty and legs tired (Bascom Hill, amirite?).

You might consider wearing booties, sandals, or heels, and though it’s fun to wear a sophisticated shoe, you need something a little comfier for the every day. Thankfully, athleisure exists. The athleisure trend, unofficially confirmed by Nordstrom making it a tab on its site, is practical, effortless, and one in which sneakers play a crucial role. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to find affordable shoes that look and feel good on your feet. Lucky for you, Her Campus has made a list of the best options to try sporting this spring, ranging from reasonably priced to extravagant — if you’re willing to splurge.

Funky Prints: 
Make a bold statement with these bright colors and vibrant patterns. They are just what you need to seamlessly transition your wardrobe from winter to spring. Try pairing them with a simple outfit to really show them off.

Crumble Tie-Dye Flatforms by Top Shop. Find them here for $45

Cupid Embroidery Trainers by Top Shop. Find them here for $45.

Jackson Sneaker by Free People. Find them here for $98.

Platform

Yes, platforms are all the rage again. If you’re not in the mood for a fancy heel but like an extra inch or two, try a pair of platform sneakers. Their thick soles will give you the lift you need, while still being super comfy and casual.

Mars Platform Sneaker by Steve Madden. Find them here for $59.95.

Superga 2790 Linea Platform Sneaker by Urban Outfitters. Find them here for $80.

The High Top
A bit more edgy than your typical tennis shoe, these high tops are sporty, chic, and will add some funk to any outfit.

Sk-8 Hi Slim Sneaker by Vans. Find them here for $69.95.

Sk8-HI Moc Sneaker by Vans. Find them here for $80.

Charlie Hi Top by Converse. Find them here for $60.

The Slip On
Some days get so busy, it’s hard to find time to even tie your shoes. Speed up your routine by slipping on a pair of these effortlessly cute sneakers that go with just about anything.

Classic Slip-On Sneaker by Vans. Find them here for $59.95.

Ecentrcq Sneaker by Steve Madden. Find them here for $59.95.

Temp Felt Slip On Trainers by Top Shop. Find them here for $32.00.

The Pom Pom
Show off your fun and carefree style with this new trend. Why didn’t we think of adding a puffball to our sneakers sooner?  

‘Bryanne’ Puffball Platform Sneaker by Steve Madden. Find them here for $89.95.

Rosemary Faux Fur Pom Slip On Sneakers by Target. Find them here for $22.49.

Captive Pom Pom Trainers by Top Shop. Find them here for $45.00.

Shiny Leather

With these leather sneaks, you will dazzle the streets of campus. No one will be able to resist checking out your feet.

‘Bertie’ Metallic Platform Sneaker by Steve Madden. Find them here for $69.95.

LP Metallic Sneaker by Converse. Find them here for $89.95.

Velvet
Going for more of a “cool” vibe?  Throw on these smooth velvet sneakers, put your hair in a pony, and grab a pair of sunglasses to instantly get the look.  

Marlow Sneaker by Sam Edelman. Find them here for $48.90.

Crystal Flatform Lace Up Trainers by Top Shop. Find them here for $45.00.

Classic
If you’re looking for a shoe that you’ll never get sick of and can wear with anything, these classic sneakers are perfect for you. Since they’re the basics, they never go out of style, and there is nowhere they can’t be worn.

Zalen Sneakers by Dolce Vita. Find them here for $100.

Old Skool Sneaker by Vans. Find them here for $59.95.

Originals Suede Gum-Sole Gazelle Sneaker by Adidas. Find them here for $85.

Suede Classic Sneaker by Puma. Find them here for $59.

Spring is sneakin’ up on us but with this hip footwear, we’ll be more than ready.

Cate Wilkinson

Wisconsin '20

Cate graduated from UW - Madison in May 2020 with a degree in Microbiology with a certificate in French. She is very passionate about health, wellness, sustainability and communication about these topics!
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!