etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Single in Spring? No Problem!: 6 Adventures for the Single Ladies This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

After suffering through what seemed like a winter that lasted forever, you’re probably fantasizing about all the fun activities spring has to offer. Still, it can be discouraging to hear your friends talking about all of the cute plans they have with their significant others. If you catch yourself falling into the trap of thinking you need a date to make this spring memorable, I’ve got news for you, sister: spring is all about growth and new beginnings. Here are six adventures that can help you grow this season – no S.O. required:

1. Go on a short road-trip

This is the ultimate test of independence. It takes a lot of courage to venture out beyond the safety net of places you’re used to, into a big world of unknowns. But, facing these unknowns is just the perfect way for you to discover just how self-sufficient you are. You have free reign to decide where you want to go, what you want to do and how you want to handle situations that arise. Basically, it’ll really allow you to see that you’re becoming a “woman who don’t need no man.”

Bonus: You can sing as loud and as off-pitch as you want, for as long as you want, to all of your favorite girl-anthems.

2. Go to brunch 

Brunch is arguably the best meal of the day, and it’s always a hit to try out new brunch places nearby. Although some cute company can be fun, enjoying a plate of heavenly French toast is enough on its own. Start your day off right by using brunch time to relax and appreciate the little things in life. Indulge in every bite and take as much time as you need to eat as much as you want — no one’s waiting for you to finish, anyway.

Bonus: You really have an opportunity to treat yourself, so order a milkshake with your food. Trust me, you won’t regret it.

3. Watch the sun set

Nature is often something humans like to experience with those they care about — well, girlfriend, it’s time to make self-care a priority! Sunsets — or even sunrises, for that matter — have a magical quality to them. The serenity that comes along with solitude and these natural wonders can set up just the right mood for you to rewind and refresh. Plus, you can actually appreciate the beauty in the sky — not in the looks of who’s sitting next to you.

Bonus: The time it takes for the sun to set is a peaceful window; take that time to reflect, journal and relieve any stress you may be feeling.

4. Buy some flowers

Beautiful flowers are probably among some of the most exciting things about spring. As soon as warm weather decides to make a more permanent appearance, it will be easy to get your hands on a fresh, bright bouquet. The status quo says boys buy girls flowers, but I say it’s time for a change: buy yourself flowers. The investment will not only liven up your apartment for about a week, it will also put a smile on your face every time you see it.

Bonus: You’ll have an excuse to hit up your local farmers market – home to some of the best blooms around.

5. Prepare a nice dinner

Maybe it’s just me, but something about the fresh air of spring gives me some extra motivation; springtime is probably the only time of the year you’re going to catch me putting in the effort to cook a full-on meal. Sure, impressing a handsome man with your kitchen talents can be fun, but there are downsides, too. Showing off requires perfection, and with it comes pressure. Cooking for yourself means you can try something new and enjoy a decadent meal without all the extra stress.

Bonus: A whole meal for one is sure to leave leftovers, which means you’ll have to put in less effort later in the week. Need I say more?

6. Get dressed up and hit the town

Spring means you can officially bring out all your cute outfits from the closet — no more bundling up for this girl! What better excuse to don the latest trends than taking advantage of the booming nightlife that heats up with the weather? Grab some girlfriends and dance the night away! Plus, you have the chance to meet all new people – you never know whose eye you might catch!

Bonus: Looking good for yourself means you can experiment. Wear that bold shade of lipstick you’ve been too scared to try in public!

As you can see, there are definitely some benefits to being single this spring; live it up, ladies! Oh, and don’t forget to capture some Insta-worthy pics along the way — who ever said you can’t be #goals when riding solo, anyway?

Aubrynn is a small town Wisconsin girl with big city dreams. She is currently a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison pursuing a career in the sports broadcasting industry. Some of her favorite things include smelling flowers, laughing with her friends, and the color pink. She hopes to inspire people to believe in themselves and to treat everyone they meet with kindness. You can keep up with everything happening in the life of Aubrynn on Twitter (@AubrynnVV) and Instagram (@brynnvv).