Signs His Place Is Definitely Messier than Most

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s obvious that no one likes doing laundry, but at some point it gets done. Sure, we might order chinese delivery here and there, but it’s usually thrown out at some point as well. Sometimes, it seems like guys don’t even get the concept of “at least at some point.” “Eventually” becomes never, and his mother would definitely not approve. Some guys have the dirtiest living spaces and I just don’t understand how they do it. If his house has more than half of these traits, he is definitely messier than most.

1. He has multiple empty water bottles surrounding his bed, but even more empty beer cans.

1. His dishes are so high you can’t even see the sink faucet.

1. He lights a candle and thinks it magically deems the place clean.

1. The ratchet posters of naked girls and rappers are covered in graffiti and pizza sauce.

1. His door is broken.

1. His bathroom door is broken too.

1. On top of that, his toilet seat is broken.

1. Actually the entire bathroom is quarantined, ever since that one party where someone threw up everywhere.

1. He thinks cleaning and hiding the mess are the same thing.

1. He has mice and maybe even a squirrel.

1. There is a pizza box tower.

1. He leaves his beard trimmings all over the sink.

1. You’ve tripped over his video game cords and landed on a condom wrapper.

If his place just grosses you out, the only good thing is that he’ll see your place as a castle. This also makes you appreciate those guys that try to keep their space even just a little bit cleaner. There are, of course, points to those that try to organize their mess, just for trying. However, if a guy walked into a girl’s bathroom once she was done getting ready, there would be a mountain of her messes as well.

Former production and media intern for ESPN, Joan, 23, gained a wide variety of experience working in on-set production, event coordination, behind-the-scenes business and marketing, and brand representation. In both office and remote location settings, she's enabled herself to adapt to any environment with focus and efficiency. She graduated from University of Wisconsin in 2019, earning her B.A. in Communication Arts with a focus in Radio/TV/Film. She's demonstrated a dedicated work ethic in her various part-time bartending jobs during her college years. Proving that she can juggle multiple projects at once, Joan's experience, success and drive is sure to be an excellent relief of unusual and effective helpfulness to any prospective employer. In her free time, Joan enjoys reading books on psychology, self-improvement, and the world of the film & entertainment industry. She also enjoys writing poetry, fashion-blogging, running, singing and attending various sports events. 
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!