Style

Sets and Dresses for Every Spring and Summer Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The flowers are out, and the grass is green, finally! These warm days tend to come with graduation parties, weddings, and family cookouts, but with so many events around the corner, it can be hard to figure out what to wear. This year be extra prepared for those celebratory activities and check out HC’s dressy guide to spring and summer events. You’ll thank yourself later when all you have to worry about is enjoying time and who you’re with, not what dress you’re going to wear.

1. Graduation Parties

Know a member of the class of 2018? Head to their grad party (or yours!) in a Badger red outfit like this one to make sure you’re looking and feeling your greatest while celebrating the end of the semester.

·       Set: ASOS New Look Frill Crop Top & Wide Leg Culottes Two-Piece; Bottoms: $29, Top: $21

·       Shoes: UO Luna Crochet Sling Back Sandal $34

·       Sunnies: UO Waverly Round Sunglasses $18

2. Picnics

Sunday picnics are a time for relaxation and, most importantly, good food. Dressing comfy and casually is crucial so you can fully enjoy eating your delicious cheese and grapes. Check out this cute outfit for the perfect Sunday picnic.

·       Set: Free People Girl Like Me Set $128

·       Hat: Anthropologie Denim Baseball Hat $32

·       Bag: Forever 21 Straw Tote Bag $27.90

3. Memorial Day

A day of remembrance and celebration, Memorial Day is always full of family get-togethers and barbecues. Whether you’re laying in the sun or having a meal with your close friends, it’s always fun to dress up your look a little for this festive weekend.

·       Dress: UO Breezy Plunging Linen Mini Dress $54

·       Hair: Free People Lana Printed Gauze Wideband $20

·       Shoes: Forever 21 Low Top Tennis Shoes $20

4. Beach Day

Heading out to Lake Mendota for the day? Sport a comfy dress and a cute suit underneath so that you’re fully equipped to take advantage of the sun and all the lake activities for the entire day.

·       Swimsuit: Aerie Smocked Super Scoop One Piece $54.90

·       Coverup: Aerie Lace Top Coverup $49.95

·       Hat: Free People Island Hopper Straw Visor $30

5. 4th of July

Corn on the cob and firecrackers, what could be better? This patriotic holiday falls during one of the hottest times of the Wisconsin summer and is a perfect time to wear a themed outfit.  

·       Set: UO Urban Renewal Recycled Bandana 2 Piece Set $79 (pictured above! )

·       Sunnies: Zara Classic Round Sunglasses $25.90

The sun is shining, and the breeze is finally warm; it’s time to hang out outside and enjoy every minute of the beautiful weather. No matter where you’re going or what you’re celebrating, any of these dresses, sets, or accessories are sure to make you feel cute and chic while enjoying time with the people you love.

Cate Wilkinson

Wisconsin '20

Cate graduated from UW - Madison in May 2020 with a degree in Microbiology with a certificate in French. She is very passionate about health, wellness, sustainability and communication about these topics!