Russell Wilson to be Spring 2016 Commencement Speaker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This just in: Russell Wilson, Seahawks quarterback and Superbowl champ, has just been announced as this year’s Commencement Speaker for graduating seniors.  The announcement was made via Facebook.  Seattle Defensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell (also a UW quarterback alum) helped Wilson make the announcement in the video found on the University of Wisconsin FB page. You can check out the video here.  

Wilson was a Badger back in 2011 where he brought his team to the Big Ten title and 2012 Rose Bowl.  Nowadays, Wilson is playing competitive ball (although the Seahawks lost to the Panthers, giving up their spot in this year’s Super Bowl), dating hottie Ciara and doing awkward commercials for American Family Insurance. 

As seniors begin to prepare for their coming graduation, three questions come to mind for Wilson and his speech.

1. How many signed footballs can you legally throw to the soon-to-be-dirt-poor graduating class? 

Not that we would sell such a beautiful memento or anything…

2. Can Ciara please sing “Goodies” while students walk across the stage? 

Cause we sexy and independent.

3.Will you cry?

It’s a fair question.

But really, we Badgers couldn’t be more excited to welcome Mr. Wilson back home.  On Wisconsin!

Olivia is a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison with big aspirations in PR and advertising. With a love for writing, beauty and confidence, she’s making it through college one step at a time.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!