Life > Experiences

Romanticize at Least One Moment of Every Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

How to stay out of a funk and enjoy the little moments

As the middle of the semester approaches, it’s easy to hit burnout and lose motivation. The weather gets colder, and the days get shorter. For me, incorporating something into each day that I can look forward to helps me keep going. As someone who likes having a schedule, I plan out my weeks ahead of time. As I jot down my tasks for each day in my planner, I strive to include something every day that can serve as a “peak” for that day.

For my visual learners, let me give you an example of what this may look like:

1. Monday
  • Wake up
  • Listen to a podcast and sip coffee
  • Class
  • Lunch
  • Class
  • Chapter
  • Shower
  • Homework

2. Tuesday

• Wake up
  • Class
  • Discussion
  • Lunch
  • Class
  • Spin class with friends
  • Shower
  • Dinner
  • Homework

3. Wednesday

• Wake up
  • Class 
  • Lunch
  • Class
  • Dinner
  • Club Meeting
  • Hang out with friends and watch Tell Me Lies

4. Thursday

• Wake up
  • Breakfast
  • Go on a long run and listen to my new playlist
  • Shower
  • Lunch
  • Class
  • Grocery Shop 
  • Make dinner
  • Hang out

5. Friday

• Wake up 
  • Go to the library and do work
  • Lunch
  • Workout
  • Shower
  • Cook a new recipe with my roommates 
  • Watch a movie
  • Eat dessert

As you can see, it’s never something big or life-changing. I find that working a little treat into every day helps me go to bed happy and wake up refreshed. It’s easy to hit a slump and remain there, but write down what moments of each day you’ll romanticize at the beginning of this week. Hold yourself accountable. Try new things or do what you know works. 

Going to the University of Wisconsin-Madison offers endless opportunities to stay busy and widen your horizons. However, this doesn’t only apply here.  Take this as a sign to romanticize at least one moment of every day and avoid burnout.

Halle Zides

Wisconsin '24

I am a sophomore in college who loves sharing the things I am passionate with like minded people- this includes: fashion, eats, workout spots and ideas, empowerment, friendship, education, and more!!