Review of Starbucks’ Holiday Drinks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The Holiday season at Starbucks is officially HERE! Starbucks offers so many holiday drink flavors that it may be hard to decide which ones you should try. Here’s an official guide to the moods and flavors that each of the holiday drinks brings.

1. Toasted White Chocolate Mocha

The Toasted White Chocolate Mocha is a spin-off of the OG White Chocolate Mocha. What makes this mocha different is the caramelized flavoring of the white chocolate that gives the mocha its toasted flavor. Also, the steamed milk mixed with the coffee and syrups can give the drink a toasted sensation as well. What makes the holiday colors of this mocha is the red holiday sprinkles on top of the whipped cream!

2. Chestnut Praline Chai Tea Latte

The Chestnut Praline Latte gives a holiday feel to one of our favorites: the Chai Tea Latte. With the chestnut syrup mixed into this chai tea latte, it’s the perfect blend of the holidays with your everyday life.

3. Caramel Brulee Latte

One of my favorites, the Caramel Brulee Latte, is a literal hug in a mug! The steamed milk with the rich caramel flavor of the brulee syrup is perfect for those who are craving a simple yet wonderful holiday flavored pick-me-up. The best part of this drink is the little caramel brulee crunchies on top; they’re the perfect surprise to an already delicious drink.

4. Chestnut Praline Latte

The Chestnut Praline Latte all by itself is a wonderful holiday drink! The subtle holiday spices with the chestnut syrup make for a delicious mixture that reminds you of sitting in front of a fireplace. This latte gives cold fall days vibes, and is the perfect drink to help warm you up!

5. Peppermint Mocha

The Peppermint Mocha is a classic during the holidays. The steamed milk combined with strong flavors of chocolate and peppermint is the perfect drink for those with a sweet tooth. However, if you’re like me, the chocolate may be a little too sweet… Try opting for a White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha! This way you still get the chocolate and peppermint blend but less of a strong chocolate taste.

6. Eggnog Latte

The Eggnog Latte tastes just like the eggnog that you drink with your family during the holidays. The espresso added brings a little energy to the drink, so it’ll keep you from falling asleep! If you’re in the nostalgic mood, definitely get the Eggnog Latte.

7. Holiday Spice Flat White

The holiday spices added to the signature Flat White makes a nice seasonal version of the simple drink we’ve come to love. The Flat White contains just ristretto shots and steamed milk, so adding the spices creates a subtle holiday flavor.

8. Gingerbread Latte

The Gingerbread Latte is the perfect reminder of baking cookies with your mom over winter break. The gingerbread syrup mixed together with steamed milk creates a sweet yet spicy flavor. This latte is sure to brighten your day and add that extra kick!

The next time you can’t decide which holiday latte to get, or are in the mood to try something new, think of how the syrups and spices make them unique! Until then, happy holidays!

Brianna was born and raised in Wisconsin. She is currently a Junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison studying Biology in hopes of becoming a high school biology teacher. Brianna loves musicals, coffee, movies, and puppies.
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!