The Return of Gilmore Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Gilmore Girls fans everywhere rejoice: the return of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore is not far away! In November, four 90 minute seasonally themed episodes of Gilmore Girls are to be released. When we last saw the Gilmore’s in season 7, a lot of things were unfinished, including the love stories for both Lorelai and Rory. So what will we get in the revival episodes? According to the Warner Bros TV President and Chief Content Officer, original producer Amy is finally able to give fans the closure they have long hoped for. Here is a list of things fans everywhere hope to see in the episodes:

1. Luke and Lorelai together

Dare I say ‘meant to be’ as they are constantly drawn to each other? Just look how cute they are together!

1. Rory figuring out her love life

When Rory left for her hot-shot job at the end of season 7, she had turned down Logan’s proposal and was still struggling to get over him. Will she be with Logan, or will she return to #TeamJess or #TeamDean?

1.  Classic Lorelai & Rory moments

Who can deny the awesome mother-daughter bond these two Gilmore’s have? We love watching them together and listening to their witty banter.

1. An explanation for Richard’s absence

Due to his death in real life, the producer will have to find an interesting backstory as to why he is no longer in the picture. It sure won’t be the same without Richard and his bow ties. May he rest in peace. 

1. Stars Hollow town events

We love seeing all the quirky characters of the town get together for events, like Rory’s leaving for her new job at the end of season 7. Plus, if you’re going to have a reunion, you might as well bring back as many characters as you can! Let’s see how many familiar faces there will be in the revival episodes. 

So Gilmore fans, get your coffee IVs ready! The Gilmores return at 12:01am Friday, November 25th. Happy watching!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!