Rant to the Current Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

UW-Madison has a ton of great attributes. In my opinion, this university is absolutely the best place to attend school. It provides students with the perfect balance of academics and fun. The only downer at times, however, is the weather.

Now, I may not be Karen Smith, but our weather has been so out of whack recently. So, maybe Karen Smith is right. There’s a thirty percent chance that it’s already raining.

With fluctuating cold and warm temperatures, it is tough to get a grip on what season we are currently in. Not to mention, what sort of attire to wear. Blizzard for five minutes, followed by hailstorms and then sunny skies is enough confusion for anyone.

I mean, who doesn’t want to experience minor blizzards in April, followed by hailstorms and then soaking up the sunshine? Variety is the spice of life right? The bipolar weather keeps everyone on his or her toes. While spontaneity can be considered a great quality, with weather, I would not classify it as such.

Thank you, global warming, for giving us all some surprises with our weather. After all, you do contribute greatly to the element of surprise, so we really should be paying homage to you.

Is it really that hard to ask for a little bit of sunshine? Its not like we are collectively asking for world peace (although that would be fabulous). All anybody really would like is some consistency. We are currently in mid April, so sunshine and warmth are kind of expected at this point.

As the popular musical Annie would say, “The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there’ll be sun”. We are crossing our fingers, Annie. We truly are.

Stay sunny (and optimistic), Madison. 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!