Pretty Little Liars Jumps 5 Years Forward

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Those of us who have been dedicated to the story of our favorite four girls and their battle with ‘A’ since 2010 know how desperately needed this 5-year jump is. Five years after the seemingly infinite high school, the girls have all started their lives in different cities. However, not that much has changed. When Ali summons them, they still come running to her side and lie for her…again. You would think these girls would learn. Here are our main reactions on what’s happened so far.

NO MORE A?

After the murder of Charlotte/CeCe Drake (A), the girls go back to their old scheming and hiding ways. The suspect of Charlotte’s murder was first Aria and now Ezra. But any committed fan of the show knows that the writers of PLL would never make the answer that obvious. In other words, it is likely that Charlotte’s death is related to someone whom has not yet been suspected. So does this mean that the girls are safe with no more ‘A’? Probably not.

EVEN BETTER FASHION

Let’s be honest, one of the main reasons we got hooked on this show from the beginning was the clothing styles. All of the main fashion styles were covered with sporty Emily, preppy Spencer, edgy Aria and girly Hanna. Five years later and the girls’ styles have evolved very smoothly. Read more about how the show even got a new costume designer for the flash forward on Fashionista. Can we just raid all of their closets, please?

REVAMPED RADLEY

The Radley Sanitarium that featured countless amount of madness in the past is now a bar and a hotel. The outward appearance is pretty nice, but our guts still think that checking in would not be the best idea considering the history.

WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH SARA HARVEY?

This secret is being hidden in a similar fashion to the way “The Jenna Thing” was hidden in the earlier seasons. It was revealed that when Emily punched Sara the night at Radley, her hands were electrocuted. Now, we have no idea what Sara’s intentions are or if she’ll take action against the girls.

SPENCER AND CALEB….WHAT?

We just want Spoby back.

You would think with no more ‘A’, all would be well in Rosewood. However, it appears that there are going to be much more drama and thrills on the horizon. Pretty Little Liars always brings its fans on an emotional roller coaster and there is no doubt that we will be glued to our TV screens every Tuesday night. Creator I. Marlene King created a world and story that we just cannot resist! 

Born and raised in Wisconsin but a New York girl at heart. Kelsey is a junior at the University of Wisconsin-Madison majoring in Communication Arts and Theatre and Drama. She is a lover of fashion, iced coffee, and running. After school she plans to pursue a career in the fashion industry.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!