An Open Letter to Gordon Dining Hall as told by Parks and Rec

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Dear Gordon,

We have been in a relationship for almost two semesters now, and we see each other just about every day. I know I have yet to use the “L” word, but I’m sorry to say that there is a reason behind it all. You see, I just can’t stand it…

1. When the person in front of me in the omelet line blocks the whole buffet after filling their bowl…
  1. When I try to grab a fork to-go and the dispenser is empty…
  1. When I realize my favorite salad dressing is out of stock after I pay for the greens…
  1. When the quesadilla grill isn’t in service…
  1. When I have to refrain from buying the watermelon because every ounce counts once you get to the weighing station at checkout…
  1. When you say you’re open until 10 p.m. but literally almost every station is shut down when I get there at 9 p.m. …
  1. When I try to find a trash can and every single one is hidden under potted plants…
  1. When the lines are long AF…

So, Gordon, I know we’ve had our tough times, but you know I won’t stop coming back to you. You and your cheesy quesadillas are the single definition of the freshman fifteen, which definitely comes with some respect. However, maybe a break is what’s best for us right now.

It’s not a goodbye; it’s a see you later.

Until next fall,

Your faithful freshman fan

Raven is a junior at UW-Madison majoring in Retailing and Consumer Behavior with certificates in Digital Studies and Entrepreneurship. She will be studying abroad at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia the Spring Semester of 2019.Until then, you can find her at any cafe within a two mile radius of UW-Madison watching The Office/ googling photos of Labrador Retriever puppies with a coffee in hand (unless it's monday night because that's reserved for the Bachelor).
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!