Online Shopping for the Savvy Shopper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Sometimes it can be hard not to have all the cutest stores right at your fingertips.  When prom rolls around in May, a girl can’t be expected to find a flattering and unique dress at the local Wal-Mart!  That’s why we turn to online shopping.  Yes, it’s hard to know what size to order, and sometimes the colors look different on the website. However, if you can do it right, you have almost every store in the world available at the click of a button.  Here are some of my favorite online shopping sites ranked from least expensive to most!

1. gojane.com is the perfect mix of night and day wear.  You could find a tight, cutout dress for Saturday night or an oversized, comfy sweater for a chilly Monday morning.  Make sure to check out the sale section; the clothes are adorable and the discounts are huge!

2.  lulus.com is by far my favorite online shopping boutique.  Every time I need a dress for an event, no matter if it’s for a Sunday picnic or my senior prom, I find it on Lulu’s.  However, when ordering, go with the size you would usually wear since the sizing charts are never accurate!

3.  tobi.com, my new obsession.  This is another great website to find the perfect dress!  They have a similar style to Lulu’s, but tend to be a bit edgier, and have darker colors.  The prices are affordable and their clothes are cute for every occasion!

4.  windsorstore.com is perfect for finding affordable, yet adorable bohemian clothing!  Yes, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, and Free People are to die for, but they’ll also destroy your budget.  At windsorstore.com, you can find all the high waisted shorts, flower headbands, and fringe you want… without breaking the bank.  They even have a line of formal dresses, if you’re looking for something dressy!

5.  modcloth.com is the perfect mix of conservative and trendy.  If you’re looking for a mix of classy and sassy, ModCloth is the place to look.  It’s very sophisticated, but they still have a fair amount of options you could wear out on a Friday night.  The clothes tend to be a little more on the expensive side, but the sale section is just as cute and has some great deals!

Some of these online boutiques give deals such as “free shipping” or “15% off” if you order over a certain amount.  So grab a couple friends to combine orders and enjoy your adorable new clothes and sweet discounts.  You’ll have a great outfit for next weekend without all the hassle of running to different stores!

Madison Krigbaum

Wisconsin '18

.
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com