No Bucks Given: Navigating Madison on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

In college, it’s always a struggle to find the extra cash to pay for books, buy season football tickets, pay rent, save for Spring Break and buy those to-die-for boots. Luckily, there are some saavy ways to make it work without giving too many bucks.

La Coppa Gelato Café:

For those of you that just came back from studying abroad in Italy, you might be having gelato withdrawal or you might just have a weakness for this decadent dessert. Either way, you’ll be happy to hear that La Coppa Gelato Café, located at 341 State Street, offers unlimited gelato starting at 7 p.m. on Tuesday nights. With a student I.D. you can drown yourself in as many flavors as you like for only eight dollars. Choose from a variety of flavors including Tiramisu, White Chocolate Cookie, Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake, and Late Macchiato.  The record so far is 18 scoops. We promise we won’t tell if you just so happen to surpass that.  You’re just being cultured, right?

Enjoy the view as you indulge in the Italian tradition.

Sun Tan City:

Summer is slowly fading away and so is your sun-kissed skin. If the football games aren’t really your scene, take advantage of Sun Tan City’s Game Day special. Tan in the “instant bed” and get a spray tan for only $20. You’ll be ready to shine all week long, just in time for Saturday night!  Stop by at 301 East Campus Mall right above Walgreens.

Forever Yogurt:

What more could a girl want besides some good ole Fro-yo? How about a 15% discount? Yes, Forever Yogurt just got even better.  Bring along your student I.D. to enjoy the discount and load up on all of your favorite toppings.  This could be dangerous…

http://www.rachelleb.com/2011/10/25/forever-yogurt/

DLUX:

Head on over to DLUX by the Capitol for their “Weekend Recovery” on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. That’s ten dollar bottomless mimosas and a killer brunch menu. With that deal, you might as well start off game day right with mimosas and come back Sunday to recuperate.

http://host.madison.com/entertainment/dining/burgers-shakes-go-glam-at-dlux/article_100700f2-1e03-11e2-a382-001a4bcf887a.html

Tricia Fishbune is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She plans on majoring in Communication Arts, and eventually wants to work in the entertainment industry in either journalism or public relations. Aside from writing, she loves to hang out with friends, meet new people, travel, exercise, and try new things.