This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Shops, restaurants, and more are joining Madison, and I have a list for you to explore!

There have been additions to Madison on State Street and beyond. I’m a sucker for exploring all the new options the city has to offer. I have compiled a list of some places that have recently opened, and included what there is to look forward to in the near future! 

Keep reading to add things to your to-do list before you leave for winter break. 

1. Studs

Studs is an earring and piercing shop located at 629 State St. It’s the perfect spot to find some new jewelry for yourself or shop for others this holiday season. I can attest to their piercing service, as two of my piercings were done at Studs. The process is quick, nearly painless, and the space is always clean.

2. Aunties Anne’s and Jamba Juice

Madison just opened an Auntie Anne’s and Jamba Juice collaboration at 650 State St. This is a fun spot to visit for a smoothie or some classic cinnamon sugar-covered pretzels. 

3. Madison Dagu Rice Noodles

A noodle spot just recently opened right off of State St. at 604 University Ave. My roommates and I have been eyeing it for weeks, and I’m looking forward to visiting. I have seen pictures, and the food looks so fresh. It’s also an experience, as you get to add whatever you want to your broth and make it your own.

4. Sweetgreen

Coming in the fall of 2023 to 652 State St. is a Sweetgreen. I’m excited at the prospect of a good salad for lunch. There are plenty of bowl options on State Street – from burrito bowls to poke. However, we lack salad spots besides Forage. Sweetgreen has tasty signature bowls and an array of options to choose from when crafting your meal. 

5. Draper Brother’s Chophouse

The owner of Rare is opening a new restaurant in the spring. It will be on Capitol Square in a location that was previously the Blue Marlin Restaurant. Draper Brother’s Chophouse will be upscale Italian, including a sleek bar and serving steak, roast prime rib, veal, fish, poultry, and seafood.

Halle Zides

Wisconsin '24

I am a sophomore in college who loves sharing the things I am passionate with like minded people- this includes: fashion, eats, workout spots and ideas, empowerment, friendship, education, and more!!