The New “It” Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The past couple months have showcased some of the most prestigious fashion weeks, New York, London, Milan and Paris.  Designers dressed 2015’s hottest models to the nines and presented them to the world.  These famous up-and-coming models are taking the runway by storm, and not leaving much fabulousness for the rest of us. 

The Hadid Sisters

Sisters Gigi and Bella Hadid, daughters of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Yolanda Foster, are no doubt the girls to look out for.  Sexy, sweet and strikingly beautiful Gigi was last year’s Sports Illustrated 2014 Rookie of the Year and is the new face of Maybelline’s 2015 campaign.  Bella is quickly following in her sister’s foot steps, as she made her debut in Tom Ford’s runway show alongside Gigi.  These two are truly a force to be reckoned with. 

Kendall Jenner 

Ms. Jenner is definitely making her presence known as a model.  Walking in 13 different shows in Milan, Paris and New York, she is paving her own way of success without the help of her famous family.  Alongside appearing in a 2014 spread in Vogue and a sexy cover shoot for the 2015 March issue of Allure, she is living the life with a killer squad of besties.  With all of this already under her belt, Kendall is going places, and not just because she is a spawn of the famous Kardashians. 

Hailey Baldwin 

18-year-old Hailey Baldwin, daughter of Stephen Baldwin, is also making her mark in the modeling world.  Not only is she best pals with Gigi and Kendall and has a remarkable social media presence, but she is also a successful model with Ford modeling agency. Standing tall at 5’9” along with an irresistible look, Hailey has walked in shows for Moschino and Sonia Rykiel and is the face of Topshop’s jean collection.  Not to mention, would you look at those cheekbones. 

Cara Delevingne

Although not up-and-coming, Cara still holds her own each year among all the new faces, continuing to grace top magazine covers and runways since 2011.  Perhaps her love of bacon is why I’m so drawn to her, but she really is a staple model in the fashion industry.  Some even say she’s the hottest model to come out of Britain since Kate Moss!  While sporting her famous bushy eyebrows and witty sense of humor that puts all the other models to shame, major fashion names have featured her in their shows like Chanel and St. Laurent. 

From Instagram to the runway, these girls make their presence known and will be going down in history as this generation’s top models. 

I am a senior at UW Madison and third year student in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. After pursuing a major in Strategic Communications and a certificate in digital studies, I'm hoping to be the next Chelsea Handler or get adopted by the Kardashian clan. When I'm not roaming Madison or doing school work, you can find me being cooler than my twin sister, taking selfies without any shame, or quoting Gilmore Girls on social media. I'm a lover of all things fashion, lifestyle and puppies. I'm so excited about being a writer for Her Campus and hope you enjoy all my thoughts and my attempts at being funny with you!
I am currently a sophomore at University of Wisconsin- Madison pursuing a degree in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication.  As Campus Correspondent of Her Campus, Wisconsin chapter I am passionate about current events and can be found browsing any and every article that pops- up on my Facebook newsfeed.