Wellness

Motivational Quotes to Start off the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s that time of the year again. Fall semester has commenced! It’s time to put away our surfboards, summer clothes, sunscreen, and ability to binge-watch Netflix and trade them in for books, study sessions in the library, power lectures, and waking up for 8 am classes. It can be difficult to find the motivation to start off the semester on a good note and accomplish the goals we have set. So ladies, here are some motivational quotes for the school year to motivate you to be the best version of yourself.   

To remember who you are and remind you who you want to be…

I remember seeing this quote on my friend’s wall, and I knew this was going to sum up my senior year in Madison. Don’t allow anyone to stop you from pursuing your plans in college. College is filled with ups and downs and bumps on the road, however, don’t let that stop you. Continue to push forward towards your goals! The most important thing in this quote is to be yourself in every situation. Nothing goes wrong when you are 100% yourself.

To keep your chin up…

Having positivity in your life is very important. When you have a positive mindset, you will have positive outcomes, be productive, and stress will be far from you. The worst thing you can do to yourself in college is to have negative thoughts 24/7. Negative thoughts distract your mind from being at peace, and a peaceful mind is what you want to achieve. Some ways to include positivity in your daily life are by cultivating a positive environment, doing something kind for someone else, exercising regularly, eating healthy food, and getting enough sleep. 

To remind you to keep grindin’ towards those goals

Waking up with determination makes the day go by really quickly. Having a plan or creating a to-do list for the day will allow you to be productive. This sense of determination will make you feel proud of yourself for completing your work. 

To keep you intentional with your time…

Repeat this to yourself, “I will not procrastinate this semester.” Repeat it multiple times if you have to. As college students, we love to procrastinate our work until the last minute. I have been a victim of this multiple of times.  I understand there are times that you want to binge on a Netflix series or hang out with friends instead of doing homework, however, we need to learn how to manage time. A goal you can have for this semester is to reduce the amount of time you procrastinate your school work or other things in life. 

To remind yourself of your badass status…

Never settle for less! Be the best version of yourself that you can be. Is there anything you wanted to try this semester? It could be trying out for a dance group, starting an organization, creating a blog, or getting an internship. Whatever it is, you should go for it! Do things that will make you feel awesome and proud of yourself. 

I hope these motivational quotes will help make your semester run smoothly. I challenge you to pick a quote from here and make it your lock screen on your phone. Whenever you open your phone, the quote will be a daily reminder of what you want to accomplish this semester. 

Cynthia Ubah grew up in Maryland. She is attending University of Wisconsin-Madison pursuing International Studies with a certificate in Global Health and East Asian Studies. She hopes to work and live in South Korea for a few years. If you are looking for someone to watch Korean drama with or listen to Kpop, she is your girl. Her interests are God, cooking, hangout with friends, reading books, learning Korean, and fashion. Check out her blog at https://mylifeinthemoments.wixsite.com/mysite .
I am a senior at the greatest university— the University of Wisconsin. I am in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication, double tracking in reporting and strategic communications and earning a certificate in and Digital Studies. I am a lover of dance, hiking, writing for Her Campus, the Badgers and strawberry acais. I am also a president of Her Campus Wisconsin.