Most Underrated Restaurants on State Street

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Shops, galleries, restaurants, nightspots, you name it: the infamous State Street of downtown Madison has it all. Therefore, with its wide variety of unique places, it can be pretty overwhelming picking out exactly where you want to eat. Many people find themselves drawn to the most glamourous or buzzed about restaurants, but after reading about these 3 underrated restaurants, you will rush to try them right away.

1. Sunroom Café

Many people don’t know what is up the quick flight of stairs to Sunroom Café, and they’re definitely missing out. This sunny café is open all day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have my favorite egg scramblers and breakfast potatoes in all of Madison. However, if you don’t make it in time for breakfast, their lunch and dinner menus will definitely keep you satisfied. I highly recommend you stop by this café for its cheerful environment, amazing food and tasty pastries.  

2. Rising Son’s Deli

If you’re looking for an authentic Asian-food restaurant here in Madison, then I highly suggest you stop walking past Rising Sons Deli and try it today. Their restaurant is open and inviting with fun décor, and their staff is always very sweet and welcoming. Their menu even has pictures of every item on it, so you’ll pick out an appetizing entrée every time you visit (simplicity at its finest).

3. Chaser’s Bar and Grille

I may be biased because I work here. However, before I started I didn’t realize just how delicious and inexpensive all of Chaser’s food items are. All of the food here is fresh and homemade (I can vouch for that), and there are specials for it every day of the week. For example, on Mondays wings are only 60 cents each, and on Thursday’s their mouthwatering burgers are only 5 bucks! Once the weather starts warming up, you can enjoy these great deals on their huge patio—making it all the better!

Visit these restaurants, and you will not be disappointed with their great service, fun environment’s, delicious food and (best of all) affordability!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!