The Most God Awful Places to be Hungover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s Thursday night and you have not a care in the world. The weekend starts here. You arrive at the pregame with intentions to remember the night (well, maybe not for all of us), and quickly realize you’re about to take a turn for the worst. 6 shots deep, the clock hits 12 a.m. You finally stumble out of your apartment….and the rest is history.

A Dorm You Had No Idea Even Existed

Unluckily, you find your mind spinning in the awkwardness of some stranger’s bed. You roll over to find your phone dead and your clothes scattered amongst the floor. With a few deep breaths and the ability to get dressed as fast as Usain Bolt, your hungover body, hopefully, starts its voyage. First things first, a little puke and rally in the Liz Water’s bathroom and then immediately back to your own room to the comfort of some water and Advil.

Union Cab

After giving yourself a tour of the building you called home for the night, you pray that you’ll have battery on your cell phone and money in your wallet (unless your tab is still open) to call a cab. You open the door and the cab driver has nothing to say but, “Where are your clothes honey?! Did you go out like that?!” The jerking of her foot on the brake makes your hangover that much worse, until you are finally able to go puke in peace without the grandma-like cab driver trying to hold your hair back.

The 80 Bus Loop

Hungover, surrounded by sweaty strangers that don’t look too willing to let you puke in their lap, jolting back and forth over the hills of Bascom, yeah, you’d rather not.

J201 Lectures Friday Morning

Whether or not you made it home last night, you still regret enrolling in a 9:55 a.m. lecture on Friday mornings. After being up with your head in the toilet for the last few hours, you step outside, enjoy the fresh air snow, and trek up the stairs of Humanities into the 400-person lecture hall. It hits you. The dizziness begins, the quest for water arises, and you find yourself trembling as you make it to the back corner of the room. Watching lecture slides flip from page to page does nothing but intensify the throbbing in your head. Time elapses and as you feel that lump in your throat start to rise, you really question how smart is was to sit in the back corner, farthest from the bathroom.

FAC

“I’ll have the 2 for 1 deal of Bloody Mary’s,” said every person at FAC attempting to drink away their hangover. For a second, you feel rejuvenated and that you can outshine any frat boy in pong. Following your instincts and 4 rounds of pong later, you wake up Saturday morning to find that you really aren’t a pro at these “hangover” type things.

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com