Looks for Less: Wedge Sneakers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Fall is one of my favorite times for figuring my outfits out. One day I can wear shorts, the next a leather jacket or maybe throw them together. This season is a time to mix and match all the best fashion trends and my favorite mash up: Wedge Sneakers.

They’re girl next door friendly, but with a little bit of edge. They can be dressed up or down. Even Victoria Secret models have taken to wearing them.

While most of these shoes range between $100-$200, Urban Outfitters has a great pair for only $70. Coming in black, grey, and brown you can get a neutral to go with anything or a pop color in blue.

Pairing a neutral sneaker with a skinny jean helps to balance out the chunkiness of the shoes and keep your look more feminine. Colored skinnies are also supper hot right now and easy to incorporate into this look as long as you keep your shoe and shirt neutral.

For a sultrier look try a slightly loose t shirt paired with a scarf. If you’re looking for something more feminine and classy an oversized sweater like this one from Forever 21 should do the trick.

If you need an extra layer for warmth look for a structured jacket to help show off your shape.

Light, thin bracelets and necklaces will also help to make your sneaker wedges more girly. 

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com