A letter to my Mom on Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Dear Mom,

Happy Mother’s Day! I hope you are having a wonderful day doing all of your favorite things: running on the treadmill, shopping, folding laundry, stopping for yogurt, packing lunch, and opening Dad’s present that is mostly likely picked out by Mollie and me (you’re welcome). Although I am not home to celebrate with you, I just had to let you know how lucky I am to have you. I know I don’t do this enough, but I want to say thank you, because honestly there is an infinite number of reasons you deserve to be thanked.

Thank you for being my role model and demonstrating what hard work truly is. Having a full-time working mom as driven as you is absolutely remarkable. Not only have you inspired me to break glass ceilings in the workforce, you have also proved that independence, elegance and strength are equally important and attainable.

Thank you for always checking in on me and asking me what I’m up to. Even though I have always dreaded the 12:01 am “Where are you” text, being away from home, I now love nothing more than receiving a call from you.

Thank you for being so persistent and organized; your planning and coordination skills are utterly exquisite. Because of you, I set my alarm a little earlier in the morning; sit by the phone thirty minutes before an expected call; and arrive twenty minutes early to most of my classes. I still won’t go to bed any earlier though, sorry!

Thank you for your phenomenal home-cooked meals. Haha, just kidding. But thank you for ordering in and heating up the most delicious food. The spreads you create always look beautiful!

Most importantly, thank you for being my best friend. There’s no one else I would rather call to share a funny story with or to report news back to. Thank you for always listening to me cry (maybe a little too much) and reminding me things are surely going to be okay. My first year of college has been one crazy emotional roller coaster, and I definitely wouldn’t have made it through without your love and support.

So Mom, Happy Mother’s Day! I love you more than you will ever know!!

Love always and forever,

Syd

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!