Know Before You Buy: HC Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Looking for a way to treat yourself during finals week?  These products will have you looking and feeling your best to finish the semester strong.    

7 Wonders Face Masks

These sheet masks from 7 Wonders are the perfect way to rejuvenate yourself and your skin during the stress-filled end of the semester.  I tried the Kalahari Melon Moisturizing Mask, which was super hydrating.  The masks are made with botanical serums and were gentle enough for my sensitive skin. 

Yogi Tea

Yogi makes a variety of herbal teas to keep your warm this winter.  I tried the Blueberry Slim Life Green Tea, which had a nice berry flavor without the bitterness that green tea sometimes has.  Yogi Teas have less caffeine than coffee, but enough to help you power through a late-night study session with some extra energy. 

Rimmel Natural Bronzer

If you’re like me and never leave the house without your SPF 50, you know the importance of good bronzer to give you an (artificial) sunkissed glow.  Rimmel’s Waterproof Bronzing Powder has a matte color that is buildable for ladies of all skin tones. 

Rimmel Provocalips 16 Hour Kiss Proof Lipstick

Rimmel’s Provocalips liquid lipstick promises to be kiss-proof, and although I can’t confirm or deny that, my lipstick did stay perfectly in place through my morning coffee, lunch, and classes.  If the Kylie Cosmetics lip kits don’t fit into your college student budget, Rimmel’s Provocalips lipsticks are less expensive but have the same rich pigmentation and long-lasting, matte finish. 

Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner

After a long time attempting to master liquid eyeliners (thanks, Instagram beauty videos), I returned to pencil eyeliner to try out Rimmel’s ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner.  The kohl formula is creamy and opaque and since it’s waterproof, my eyeliner didn’t smudge or fade throughout the day. 

Rimmel ScandalEyes Volume Flash Mascara

If you like mascara with a large brush, Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara is for you.   The volumizing formula is creates thick, full lashes, and the nearly-neon orange tube will be hard to lose in your makeup bag. 

Kristin is a student at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a degree in Marketing and Operations and Technology Management. Her favorite things in the whole world are vanilla lattes, John Mayer's voice, and her beagle mix, Olive. When she's not slaving over an accounting textbook, Kristin enjoys catching up on fashion and beauty trends, practicing yoga, and cheering on the Badgers.
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!