Joe Jonas is Officially Off the Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

You’ve probably heard the news by now: Joe Jonas is engaged, and it’s not to me — or you. Shocking, right?

The DNCE singer — but more importantly, former Jonas Brothers band member and Camp Rock actor — proposed to Game of Thrones actress Sophie Turner. Obviously, she obviously said yes; and their instagram official announcement is too precious.

This is great, uplifting news to hear — if we weren’t all still totally in love with Joe from his Disney days. This viral tweet pretty much sums up all of our reactions:

Fine, he didn’t end up with us; but what about his past love, Demi Lovato? I thought the more duets they sang together, the deeper they fall in love? I guess Camp Rock (and of course, Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam) really messed with my ideas about romance.

I’m sure the Sophie and Joe will be very happy together and will have the glamorous life any of us could’ve had if Joe had just given us a chance.

Best wishes to the happy couple, but rest in peace to all our 5th-grade dreams. I’m pretty sure I’m still destined to become a Jonas — there’s always the possibility of Nick, right?

I'm a freshman from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I go to the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and this is my first semester with Her Campus! I love dogs, really fancy hamburgers and New Girl (I honestly try to act like Jessica Day at all times)
Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!