If Madison Libraries Were Disney Princesses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

If you’re like me, then you only know about a few of the seemingly infinite study spots on the UW-Madison Campus. If you’re also like me, then you have an intense love for all things Disney. In an attempt to procrastinate my own finals, I’ve compared some of Madison’s most popular libraries with Disney princesses.

1.  College Library – Elsa

College is probably the most popular library on campus and as such is comparable to Elsa. They’re both very popular, freezing, and essentially overrated. The Frozen fad of 2014 has gone on long enough.

2. The Historical Society – Cinderella

The Historical Society has the theme of rags-to-riches that is prominent in Cinderella’s story. Cinderella starts off covered in cinders and scrubbing floors, but by the end of the movie is marrying a prince. The Historical Society doesn’t look like much from the outside, but if you’ve ever been in there, then you know it’s stunning on the inside. It’s so pretty that you forget that it’s a library.

3. Memorial – Rapunzel

Need to get stuff done? Lock yourself in one of Memorial’s infamous cages. Rapunzel knows something about being locked somewhere (ahem, a tower) for an extended period of time. She’s going crazy by the time Flynn Rider shows up to break her out, and I think we’ve all gone a little stir-crazy sitting in Memorial trying to learn an entire semester’s worth of notes in one night. When you finally get out of the library, it’s like a new life is waiting for you outside.

4. Steenbock –  Pocahontas

Steenbock is the agricultural library that’s very far from the center of campus. Pocahontas lives in a world where she utilizes agricultural skills…she’s planting corn in that one scene, right? AND she spends a lot of time outside. That makes sense, doesn’t it?

What’s better than Disney princesses and procrastination? Nothing. Now, stop procrastinating your own finals and get back to studying! Maybe check out one of these libraries that you haven’t been too and see if my assessment lines up.

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!