How to: Wurk What Ya Mamma Gave Ya

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I’d like to dedicate this week’s blog to the common flaws most of us unfortunately possess. I used to blame my mom for the nose she gave me and my dad for my abnormally long second toe (even though he reminds every day it helps you run faster). I know we are always told, “nobody’s perfect”, but sometimes it becomes difficult to accept your personal flaws because the hot chick next to you is getting all of the guys.

One way I choose to live by is wurkin’ what my mamma gave me. You guys should give it a shot because you are ALL BEAUTIFUL young collegiate women.

I have come up with several flaws many of us reckon with and ways to accept and embrace them.

Turn that flaw upside down, darn’t!

Legs of a gazelle

One of my friends (who is actually transferring to UW next year…whooo!) has literally the longest and skinniest legs I have ever seen. Though many times she complains that she can never wear heels because then she’d be taller than her boyfriend, I envy her legs tremendously. If you are timid of the length of your legs, go out of your comfort zone and purchase a pair of heels…you don’t have to get the 5-inch ones; instead, choose a low- to mid-level heel. Also, I know some girls are hesitant in wearing skinny jeans because they think it enhances the length of their legs, but just wear them! Skinny jeans won’t be going out of style for a veryyy long time, and I’m sure no one will notice!

Junk in the trunk

Although I unfortunately lack in this department, girls with junk in the trunk should not be ashamed! For one, I don’t know one guy that wouldn’t want to grab that. If you are very conscious of your booty, wear dark colored pants or leggings because they tone down your curves. Also, pencil skirts work in your favor because it pleasantly accentuates your booty. You can also always wear longer tees, sweaters and cardigans to cover it completely!

Fun Size

We all wish we were the tall, illuminating models but in reality…most of us lack in height. Thank goodness for heels and wedges because they truly elongate our bodies. Also, dresses/tees/sweaters/etc. with vertical stripes also makes your torso look longer.

Chompers

I’ll be the first to admit, I have got a large set of teeth. When I was little, I always used to be embarrassed because of their size. But now that I have matured into my body and facial features, I actually LOVE my large chicklet teeth. Use some Crest white strips to get them extra white and radiate your smile to everyone. Confidence is key!

Snoring probs

Even though this isn’t so much a physical flaw, it is an embarrassing flaw for certain! Who wants to be the one getting made fun of by friends or the one waking your boyfriend up from your sleeping noises. I know sleeping on your back can mitigate snoring but I also Googled what helps snoring and found out there is such thing as a snoring chin strap…lol what? But regardless, there are many remedies to stop snoring and you should try them out if you are embarrassed!

Just remember, no one is perfect by any means…so embrace any flaw and when in doubt, work what ya mamma gave ya!