How to Wear: Pleather Leggings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Pleather leggings – a versatile trend or one-time-wear fad? To be honest, at first I thought the only way you could pull them off was with a dressy top and pumps on the weekend. But, after some mixing and matching, I realized they add a touch of flair to any outfit! And, I mean, who doesn’t like the idea of wearing stretchy leggings over restricting jeans?

So to help you wear your pleather leggings, I’ve created five different outfits for five different “collage-girl” occasions. 

Outfit #1: Off to Class

Paired with a comfy graphic tee, oversized sweater, some combat boots and a few bangles, these pleather leggings take your casual weekday attire from typical to original. Add a scarf for an extra touch of pizzazz (and warmth!).

Outfit #2: Test Day

Dress for success (and comfort) with your pleather leggings, a tunic sweater over a collared shirt, a few gold rings and some printed flats. Oh, and don’t forget your glasses! Real or fake, wearing glasses makes any girl feel a little more intelligent!

Outfit #3: Internship Interview

Land your internship with a dress tank, black blazer, black pumps, and a classy gold necklace. This outfit will scream professional and outgoing.

Outfit #4: Girl’s Night Out

Shine in your pleathers by throwing on a sequin peplum top, bright statement necklace, and black wedge booties. Grab that clutch and dance the night away with your ladies!

Outfit #5: Weekend Lunch/Study Date

Everyone wants to be cozy on the winter weekends, so toss on your flannel, some boots, earrings and a beanie. You’ll look effortlessly adorable as you hit State Street or the library with your friends or man.

Hope these ideas have convinced you to go out and buy your own pair of pleather leggings. I got mine on sale for $12 and can’t wait to put them to good use!

It's my first year at UW-Madison and I couldn't be happier. With school, friends, writing, tweeting, pinning, online shopping, eating, drinking coffee, sleeping, LAUGHING, and loving - life is bueno. And, I mean, I create outfits and write about them on one of the greatest websites for college ladies. How could it get any better?
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com