How to Wear: Harem Pants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Harem pants hit the runway way back in 2008, but lately celebrities have been sporting the odd baggy pants again. Love ‘em or hate ‘em, they’re popping up in stores everywhere -Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, and even GapBody. They’re definitely a tricky piece to pull off, though. It takes a bit of searching to find the right pair for your body. Here’s some ways you might want to wear yours and things to think about when looking for a pair!

Keep it simple: Harem pants are a big enough statement in themselves, so pair them with a plain shirt and some heels to keep from making a scene. No need to go crazy – less is more with harem pants, especially when they’re a bright pink like Ellen Pompeo’s!

Try some pattern: There are so many cute patterned harems out there! Be bold and try some out. Just make sure to keep them as the focal point. Pair them with a neutral tank and maybe a few bracelets or necklace like this!

Trim and tailored: If you want a more “put together” look, try some tailored harem pants. These would be perfect for work! Try playing around with colors, too. The tailoring allows you to be a little more adventurous with other elements in your outfit.

Crop it: If you’re harem pants come to your waste, make sure to accentuate your littlest area with a cropped jacket or blazer! I love Kim’s look here – the sparkles are a fun addition for a night out.

Be comfy: Harem pants are comfort and style all in one. So play this up with a casual look. If you’re off to somewhere for spring break, try some harem pants, gladiators and a light moto jacket for your day of shopping!

Hope these help! Try making a statement on campus and wear yours to class.

Photo Credit:

brigadeirochoc.blogspot.com

kaniladies.blogspot.com

celebitchy.com

chictopia.com

fashiontrendseeker.com

It's my first year at UW-Madison and I couldn't be happier. With school, friends, writing, tweeting, pinning, online shopping, eating, drinking coffee, sleeping, LAUGHING, and loving - life is bueno. And, I mean, I create outfits and write about them on one of the greatest websites for college ladies. How could it get any better?
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com