How to Wear: Beanies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

These next few weeks leading up to spring are always a bit of a drag. The first round of midterms are bad enough, but this fresh layer of snow, too? I just want to wear my flats, J. Crew button up, and a cardigan! Oh, and see some sort of vegetation…

But, unfortunately, the snow and midterms are not to easily be escaped here in Madtown. That doesn’t mean you can’t look cute, though! If you’re falling behind on sleep and just trying to stay warm, cover up your ears that bedhead with a beanie. They come in all colors, shapes, and sizes so anyone can pull them off. Here are a few of my favorites kinds and ways to wear them!

Outfit #1: Wisconsin Winter

This thick, knit type of beanie is definitely for warmth but that doesn’t mean it’s not cute! You can really wear it with just about anything. I stuck with the winter theme, pairing it with boots, a big sweater, leggings, and a scarf!

Outfit #2: Artsy

I love this blue beanie! It’s a bit thinner than the previous type and can be worn like shown or folded over. I like it with this acid-washed chambray shirt, black skinnies, and ankle booties. Super easy for class – no need to even do your hair!

Outfit #3: Pop of Color

How fun is this color? Beat off some of those winter blues and wear a bright beanie! This thin one would be super cute for the weekend. With a moto jacket, patterned leggings, jewelry, and heels, it’s a fun and edgy party look!

Hopefully it’ll start warming up soon – I mean, it can’t last forever, right? Until then, try a beanie. They’re everywhere so I’m sure you can find ones that really work for you and you’re style! Stay warm and happy studying!

It's my first year at UW-Madison and I couldn't be happier. With school, friends, writing, tweeting, pinning, online shopping, eating, drinking coffee, sleeping, LAUGHING, and loving - life is bueno. And, I mean, I create outfits and write about them on one of the greatest websites for college ladies. How could it get any better?
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com