This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s the season to be grateful!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love the fall vibes, family gatherings, great food and opportunities to express what we are thankful for. One of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions is to have a Friendsgiving with my friends before we embark on our respective family Thanksgivings. It is such a fun excuse to throw a dinner party and express how thankful you are for amazing friendships. 

Friendsgiving is so fun, but it can also be a lot of work. It is hard to coordinate a meal for so many people and it can get overwhelming very easily. I have some tips to make Friendsgiving fun and as stress-free as possible so that you can make long-lasting memories with your friends.

1. Delegate responsibilities

It can be overwhelming to make food for a large group of people, so I find it helpful to delegate responsibilities. It is an easy way to make Friendsgiving easier on the hosts and involve everyone in the process. Have one friend bring the apple pie, one friend bring drinks and one friend work on side dishes. A potluck-style Friendsgiving is always fun!

2. Stay organized

Another helpful tip for Friendsgiving, or dinner parties in general, is to make lists of what you need for the party and for the recipes. I find it helpful to write down everything that we could possibly need for a dinner party, such as the menu, disposable plates and utensils, and drinks.

3. Research Friendsgiving ideas on social media

I have learned many Friendsgiving hacks from social media. Influencers often post about their Friendsgivings on social media, and their posts can inspire you for your own. I like seeing the fun drinks, easy recipes and pretty decor. It also helps everyone get excited for the event.

4. Set yourself up for an easy cleanup

One of the most annoying parts about Friendsgiving is the cleanup. If you are hosting a large group, I find it easiest to use disposable plates and utensils. I always set up trash bags so that people can throw out their own plates. Usually, my friends also stay to help clean up! 

I hope these tips are helpful and ensure that everyone has a fun Friendsgiving. It is always so fun to spend time with friends and express gratitude for each other. I hope that everyone has a nice Thanksgiving! 

Alexis Schoor

Wisconsin '24

Hi! My name is Alexis and I am a staff writer at the University of Wisconsin-Madison!