How to Survive the Last Month Before Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The beginning of December normally signals the start of the holiday season. But, in college, it’s all final projects, last minute catch-up on work we’ve neglected and final exams. While the rest of the semester flew by quickly, these last few weeks seem to drag on as finals approach, and we get giddy to go home and celebrate the holidays with our families. What’s worse, pretty much every other school gets out before us, so while all our friends are reuniting at home, we are still burying our heads in our notes at College Library.

With finals on the horizon, here are some tips on how to survive the last month before break.

1. Coffee coffee coffee

Did I mention coffee? It’s easy to lose steam at the end of the semester, so coffee will become your best friend as you power through your study guides.2. Make a to-do list

Don’t lose track of what you need to get done. Instead, create a to-do list for the last few weeks of school, so that you know everything you need to get done and can plan accordingly. This way, you won’t let anything slip through the cracks and have to scramble last minute to get it done.

3. Take a study break

Sitting for too long to study can sometimes be counterproductive. Go to the gym or have a movie night with your girlfriends. Just do anything to take a break and reenergize so you can look back on your work with a fresh mind. 4. Still take time to enjoy holiday festivities

Don’t get too caught up in your work. Although it may feel like you’re completely swamped, if you plan effectively I’m sure you can find some time to go to a holiday party in your ugly Christmas sweater. This will help to relieve some stress, too.5. Sleep

Pulling an all-nighter may sound good in the moment, but being sleep deprived will slow you down in the long run. Make sure you’re getting plenty of sleep so your body has a chance to recharge. This last month can be hard, but if you prepare and follow these tips, it will make everything easier. Good luck, Badgers!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!