How to Register to Vote on the UW-Madison Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

As elections are nearing, it’s important to make sure you’re registered to vote. “I didn’t know how to register” isn’t a valid excuse to refrain from getting out to the polls. Luckily, UW-Madison provides many ways to register this election season.

Where: Education Building

When: October 15th and 16th

Time: 10am to 2pm

Where: UW Natatorium

When: October 15th and 16th

Time: 4pm to 8pm

Where: Union South

When: October 15th and 17th

Time: 10am to 4pm (17th) 3pm to 6pm (15th)

Where: Gordon Dining and Events Center

When: October 15th

Time: 3pm to 6pm

From October 22nd to November 2nd, Madison residents can continue to register to vote and take part in in-person early voting at Union South between 12pm and 6pm, Memorial Union between 12pm and 6pm and the SAC between 10:15am and 2pm.

In order to register to vote in Wisconsin, you must bring either your Wisconsin driver’s license or the last four digits of your social security number. You’ll need to register or re-register to vote if you’re voting for the first time, moved since you last voted or changed your legal name since you last voted. Remember, it doesn’t matter who you vote for as long as you vote!

Hannah, originally from Milwaukee, WI is a Campus Correspondent for HC Wisconsin.  Hannah is a Senior and is studying Political Science and Psychology.  She aspires to work in health policy and will run for office one day.  She is never seen without a cup of coffee in hand and loves to eat any food in sight, especially sushi.  Outside of school, Hannah frequents Badger sporting events and likes to hang out with her friends on the weekends finding new things to do and new places to eat.  Hannah also runs her own Mary Kay business and is obsessed with keeping up with the latest makeup trends! This will be her seventh semester on the Her Campus team, and she loves the org more and more each semester!  It is Hannah's favorite thing that she is involved in on campus and highly recommends anyone with an interest in writing, journalism, or blogging to get involved, you won't regret it! On Wisconsin!!