burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Look Cute (But Chill) at the Lib

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Making your way to the library is already enough of a struggle—picking out an outfit should be easy. Since you plan on holing up at your destination study spot for a significant amount of time, you want to make sure that you are cute but casual.

Managing that chill to pull ratio should be easy. It’s a combination of making sure you look cute enough not be embarrassed if you spot that guy from the bar last night but comfy enough to park it for the day and lose yourself in the fun of studying.

Here are some tips to looking cute but chill on that slightly hung-over Sunday afternoon:

Flannel: The art of looking cute but still keeping up that chill factor all in one shirt.  Flannel screams comfy, casual and the typical oversized factor allows for that extra slice of pizza you ate or extra shot you took not to show. Plus, you can wear it with leggings.

Oversized Sweater: Key word: oversized. These sweaters are chic enough to look kind of trendy, while also mastering the concept of wearing a comfy big blanket. This is for when it is freezing outside and you were extra hesitant to leave your bed.

Comfy Sweatshirt: Sweatshirts are definitely allowed at the lib. After all everyone has a go-to study sweatshirt. Pair with cute boyfriend jeans or leggings.

Boyfriend Jeans: One word: comfortable. Celebs are featuring these trendy jeans all over Instagram. Wear them and be on fleek at the library.

Leggings: The cutest equivalent of sweats you will ever own—enough said.  

Messy Buns: Screams effortless chic with minimal amount of effort. Pile your hair into a big bun of fun and you will exude the fact that you give zero effs while looking cute.

There you have it. You are ready to slay the library game like the cute but chill academic all-star you are. Happy studying!

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!