How to Know if You Survived Halloweekend in Madison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

The experience of Halloween in Madison is like no other. We all get dressed up to get messed up, and the city is more alive than ever. Not only do we have Freakfest, but this year’s Badger home game (of course, WE WON) set the night on fire. Here’s how to know if your Halloweekend in the 608 was a success.

1. You hit up Ragstock for last minute costumes and accessories that didn’t break the bank.

2. You fully charged your phone before going out and had plenty of battery for taking 100+ pictures.

3. You took a shot every time you saw a Harambe or Donald Trump costume.

4. You went to that cute boy’s party and hit it off after you’ve been eyeing him all semester.

5. You took a shot every time you saw an out of town freshman throwing up, which was often.

6. Your squad got at least 10 perfect squad pics in your costumes for everyone’s Instagram.

7. You refrained from drunkenly climbing things on State Street and stopped your drunken bestie from crowd surfing.

8. You planned on going to Freakfest, and you actually made it there.

9. You ate plenty of late night drunk food to soak up the alcohol, which helped you wake up the next morning somewhat alive.

10. You hauled your hungover self out of bed for a wholesome brunch of bottomless mimosas and bloody marys.

Surely Halloween is the best holiday to celebrate in Madison, and we are the reason why. Badgers know how to do Halloween, it’s our thing and we never disappoint.

Former production and media intern for ESPN, Joan, 23, gained a wide variety of experience working in on-set production, event coordination, behind-the-scenes business and marketing, and brand representation. In both office and remote location settings, she's enabled herself to adapt to any environment with focus and efficiency. She graduated from University of Wisconsin in 2019, earning her B.A. in Communication Arts with a focus in Radio/TV/Film. She's demonstrated a dedicated work ethic in her various part-time bartending jobs during her college years. Proving that she can juggle multiple projects at once, Joan's experience, success and drive is sure to be an excellent relief of unusual and effective helpfulness to any prospective employer. In her free time, Joan enjoys reading books on psychology, self-improvement, and the world of the film & entertainment industry. She also enjoys writing poetry, fashion-blogging, running, singing and attending various sports events. 
Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!