How to Build the Perfect Game Day Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

Game days are probably the only time where it is acceptable, and even exciting, to wake up at 7 a.m. on a Saturday. From putting on your red lipstick to attending every pregame on Randall, a solid playlist will make the day even better (if that’s even possible).

It’s understandable that waking up at the crack of dawn may not be your cup of tea, even on game day. If so, let Justin Bieber’s What Do You Mean or The Weekend’s I Cant Feel My Face wake you up. They are laid back enough for the mornings but have enough beat to get you out of bed.

You made it out of bed, and it finally sets in that it’s GAME DAY! It’s time to pour a getting-ready drink and pop on Fetty Wap’s 679 (or any Fetty for that matter).

Nothing beats some lady-lovin’ anthems while getting ready with your girls. What’s better than Beyoncé and Nicki’s Feeling Myself? Bonus points for whoever can finish putting on their lipstick when Nicki says, “Yo B, they ready.”

You made it to your first pregame and are no doubt feeling yourself. Request Rae Sremmurd’s Come Get Her and dance the tailgate away.

You might need a song to match your level by the second pregame. Vigiland and Tham Sway’s Squats & Shots is the perfect accompaniment to any drink. Plus, you might be persuaded to have an impromptu squat sesh—major props to anyone who does this without spilling their drink.

Honestly, what’s a pregame without Jump Around? Your legs are already loose anyway.

Having a little trouble getting your whole crew to leave the pregame and make it to the main event? Let Ludacris’s Roll Out do the work.

Let’s face it, no matter what songs you play on game day, you will no doubt have the time of your life. But if you whip out these songs, everyone will want to hang with the DJ. 

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!