Homecoming Week 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

This week is an exciting week to be in Mad-town. UW Madison’s annual Student Homecoming will be hosted this weekend, beginning with the spirited Badger parade in downtown Madison this Friday at 6 PM, followed by a Fireworks show at Memorial Union later in the evening.

This year’s homecoming committee is emphasizing the importance of community service by providing many outlets for students to give back. Look out for donation drives that will be dispersed throughout campus, in which students may donate clothing, shoes, and school supplies to those in need in Southern Wisconsin. Students are also encouraged to donate to the Homecoming Food Drive, with donation sites at Qdoba locations on State Street and North Park Street, Memorial Union, Union South, and Madison Fresh Market. Donations will be rewarded with complimentary chips and queso! Be sure to purchase the official Homecoming 2012 Red Shirt to wear to the 2:30 Michigan State game, with 100% of proceeds going to the Great People Scholarship.

For Badger alum who cannot make it to this year’s homecoming, the UW Alumin Association will be updated its twitter account, #uwhc, with stories and photos, as well as providing Badgers with viewing locations around the country to get together and watch the game!

Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com