Guide to Fall Candles on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

It’s that time of year, folks. The leaves are turning colors and the weather’s getting colder. You know what that means— it’s candle season! Time to curl up in your flannel and watch some New Girl as you burn your favorite fall candle scent. But because we are all poor college students who need their fix of fall scents, the most convenient place to find these candles is at your local Walgreens, where they are decently priced. So, without further ado, here’s a guide to finding the right fall scent for you.

1. Iced Caramel Latte

If you’re into the coffee shop scene, this is the candle for you. The candle smells exactly like how it sounds, and it will leave your apartment smelling like your local Starbucks without even leaving your couch. The best part is, it smells so good you’re going to want to order a Venti.

2. Cinnamon Vanilla

This scent is for all my ladies who really enjoy cooking. This candle will get your taste buds tingling as it smells just like all your favorite cinnamon treats. Turn off the oven and put down the spatula, the only ingredients you need for this treat are you and your favorite book.

3. Pumpkin Parfait

Still in the Halloween spirit? Well, this is the scent for you. This candle smells just like those pumpkin treats you make after carving pumpkins. It will seriously get you back in the October spirit.

4. North Woods Escape

For all you lovely readers who have had enough of school and are wishing for summer again, this is the scent for you. This scent comes with a heavy dose of summer nostalgia while easing you into fall. With a lighter scent, this is the fall candle for people who don’t like the fall.

5. Autumn Evenings

Honestly, this candle actually smells like what it called. As strange as it sounds, this scent makes me think of a calm, fall evening— crazy how that works! This particular evening is one where you have no responsibilities. It’s one where you can open up your balcony door, curl up in a fuzzy blanket, and throw on your latest Netflix binge.

6. Spice Medley

One of my favorite drinks in the fall is hot chocolate with a cinnamon stick. This candle reminds me of exactly that. So, if you’re into cinnamon hot coco, you’ll be into this candle. 

7. Cinnamon Bark

If you like the smell of cinnamon, you’ll like this candle. That’s really all there is to it.

8. Vanilla Cedar Wood

For my vanilla lovers out there, this scent is a nice twist on the classic scent we know all too well. This candle smells like fall without being too much like fall. With a calmer scent, this candle will be a necessity during all of your late night studying sessions.

9. Whiskey and Tobacco

For all my ladies out there who enjoy the company of a good smelling man, you will be really into this scent. This candle sent me to a beautiful place — a place where a handsome man accompanied me on a hayride (aka. place that I would prefer to stay in). I’m going to be honest, I almost bought the candle right then and there. 

The search for the perfect fall scent can become really frustrating. So just take a deep breath and reread this guide as needed. Once you can sit down in your pajamas and light your newly discovered candle, all your frustrations will melt away. Enjoy!

SaveSave

SaveSave

Madison is a senior at the University of Wisconsin pursuing a major in English Literature with minors in Entrepreneurship and Digital Media Studies. Post college, Madison plans to complete her dreams of being the next Anna Wintour. In her free time, Madison enjoys listening to Eric Hutchinson, eating dark chocolate, and FaceTiming her puppies back home. When she isn't online shopping, or watching YouTube bloggers (ie Fleur DeForce), Madison loves exploring the vast UW Campus and all it has to offer! She is very excited to take this next step in her collegiette career as Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for HC Wisco. On Wisconsin!