This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wisconsin chapter.

I’ve never told anyone this but I was in love once.  It happened my freshmen year in college and ever since, I’ve never felt the same way.  

It happened fast.  I didn’t eat, I didn’t sleep.  Pretty soon my cheeks were tingling.  I was as giddy as a little girl (…or college-aged girl) at a One Direction concert.  I remember I couldn’t stop smiling, laughing and screaming uncontrollably.  I danced everywhere and anywhere.  I was head-over-heels in love.  And by head-over-heels I actually mean I fell over…multiple times.  

Yes, I was literally drunk but in love…with you, Mifflin.  And now it’s over.  

Lori Berquam tried to keep us apart by saying “don’t go,” but that only fueled the fire in my heart for you, dear Miff.  It’s like our very own Romeo and Juliet story.  She said going to Mifflin “makes smart people do really stupid things.”  Love makes us do stupid things and that’s the beauty of it.  Did I do really stupid things on Mifflin? Absolutely.  Do I regret it?  Not at all. 

Only for you, my love, would I wake up at 7 a.m. to start the day.  Why sleep when your reality is better than your dreams?  

I think one of my favorite things about you was you could put anyone in a good mood.  All 10,000 of us.  Walking down the street, you could run up and hug anyone and they would act like you’re their long-lost mother.  You could yell up to randoms on the balconies and immediately be showered in champagne– LMFAO’s dream.  Everyone was having a good ole time with you, Miff.  

You know you have those songs that whenever you hear them, you think of someone special?  Still to this day, “Call Me Maybe” comes on and suddenly I’m back to that glorious day dancing on bars, tables and dumpsters.  

Not only were you my first and only love, you were there for my first 2-story beer bong.  You were right there by my side the whole time, telling me it would be alright.  That is love.

You weren’t like the others; you were special.  If game days were my Jason Street, you’d be my Tim Riggins.  Perfect, hot, fun, adventurous.  

Speaking of football, remember when Montee Ball got arrested for “trespassing” on Mifflin?  And Patrick Kane getting blacked and kicked out of a frat party? GT’s, GT’s.  

I will forever cherish our time together, my sweet, sweet Mifflin.  There will forever be a spot in my heart just for you. What we had was real and just because it’s goodbye now, doesn’t mean it’s over.  

In the words of A.A. Milne: “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard?”

Thanks for everything.  

Yours truly, forever and always,

Tricia

Tricia Fishbune is a sophomore at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She plans on majoring in Communication Arts, and eventually wants to work in the entertainment industry in either journalism or public relations. Aside from writing, she loves to hang out with friends, meet new people, travel, exercise, and try new things. 
Becca Bahrke is a junior at the University of Wisconsin- Madison majoring in Retailing and minoring in Entrepreneurship and Gender & Women Studies. Becca is currently the CC/EIC of Her Campus- Wisconsin, and will continue writing news. Becca's primary hobby is blogging on her tumblr http://beccahasnothingtowear.tumblr.com